A week with Uverse

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
So now that I have had uverse in my house for a week, I have been quite surprised by the service for the most part! Installation was great, the tech was the most awesome tech that I have ever had on my property. He was professional, addressed my needs and was even very knowledgeable. I would buy this guy a six pack and not think twice about it. He got everything in a matter of an hour and even upgraded my profile from the 24 profile to the 32 profile.

The big elephant is PQ.. You can defiantly tell a difference, and it's hit or miss. Some channels look BETTER than directv if not just as good, Others not so much. It's almost like you can tell they are bit shapeing and downgrading the resolution. I don't like how the box doesn't do a native resolution, or have that feature. I am able to get 4 streams and that has meet our needs for the most part. The only thing that I wish att would have done was I Wish they would have gone the FTTP route as I would have been a customer for life with FTTP. I understand that the bean counters were bulking on the build out costs, but that would have been offsetted by the fact that I would have remained a customer for so long, as many others probably would have.

Channel lineup is great.. I only had one time that ATT dropped a whitesox game due to CSN alternate feeds being so full someone forgot to flip the swich. I was surprised at how many RSN's are on uverse, and as well as the international lineup. Over all.... I am happy with uverse... I have had no issues with the equipment and everything has been working flawlessly. Uverse has made alot of improvements, but still has improvements to make. They need to find a way to upgrade profiles as well as get more data to the end users. That answer is FTTP. The sad thing is if this would have been done to begin with, they would have been done with it by now and could actually compete and beat docsis 3.0's speeds. I wish they could do this as well as upping the bitrate on the channels to a native resolution and native bit-rate. Simply put pass along what the channel provider gives them. That with their Vid over IP delivery would have been the most awesome solution!

Over all I would give uverse a 3.5 out of 5. Needs improving but not as bad as it used to be.

If it were FTTP it would be FiOS. And that is kinda frozen in its tracks.

If it were FTTP it would be FiOS. And that is kinda frozen in its tracks.

I wish Uverse went FIOS route. But Uverse model seems to be better for growth(cheaper).
Just use the old lines. No fiber to house. Quality not as good as Fios.
New homes being built in my area are getting fiber to the house.

That said Ive seen improvements to Uverse in my area. Picture and overall
product has gotten better. It was shaky when they first arrived in South Florida 3 years ago.

HD Picture on par with Direc tv. Dish with new hopper system seems to have jumped to
first place with best HD picture. In my house of course.

I wish Uverse went FIOS route. But Uverse model seems to be better for growth(cheaper).
Just use the old lines. No fiber to house. Quality not as good as Fios.
New homes being built in my area are getting fiber to the house.

That said Ive seen improvements to Uverse in my area. Picture and overall
product has gotten better. It was shaky when they first arrived in South Florida 3 years ago.

HD Picture on par with Direc tv. Dish with new hopper system seems to have jumped to
first place with best HD picture. In my house of course.

That's what the ATT tech told me as well that new homes were getting FTTH and they were talking about upgrading the older homes to FTTH or going a wireless route. He said the Tmobile deal hurt those plans, and now they are looking at alternatives. They just need to go FTTP and get it done and over with. Yes there is more upfront cost, but you retain subs for longer as you don't have to worry about technology upgrades in the future other than compression methods. The delivery mechanism will last for years to come without necessary network upgrades. While FIOS has slowed down, I see them picking up on the future especially now they are growing again without the buildout costs. The bean counters put a hurt on ATT this time due to the fact they wanted it done as cheaply as possible. Now ATT's going to have to pay to build out the network again!

I don't think you will see them switching people over to FTTH since they announced they were no longer rolling out its network.

All the construction crews here in Connecticut have been laid off.

Yep. U-verse is OBE.

I certainly hope FiOS picks up steam again. Glad I have it, even though I don't use the TV service. Nice Plan B behind by Dish service.

isaacmorseMI said:
I'd love to have a community run fiber network here... They offer more bandwith for less $.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Uverse as it stands right now is a solid product
In my neck of the woods.
The problem is Uverse is not consistently good
Across the country.
I have heard rumors down here that they will be
Converting older homes to fiber to the house.
Not holding my breath.
Glad I have uverse but in my home, dish still
Rules the roost.

Yep. U-verse is OBE.

I certainly hope FiOS picks up steam again. Glad I have it, even though I don't use the TV service. Nice Plan B behind by Dish service.

They're still adding 180-200K each quarter building-out areas where they have existing franchise agreements, and running promotions to increasing market penetration. I don't imagine they will consider expanding until the economy picks-up...which may be until 2015 at this rate.

Yes. Just not adding new areas, working solely on what they've already committed to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts