AAD Price Changes

makman

makman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Wow, they basically cut the HD prices in half. I guess the consumers spoke.

I for one will be dropping the New York and SF SD and paying the extra six dollars a month for Chicago HD.

Mitch

jself1982

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
Do you still have to subscribe to a SD city before they will let you get a HD city? Or can I just sub to LA locals only now? for 18.99?

J

jmccurrytech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 13, 2006
Gastonia, NC
Do you still have to subscribe to a SD city before they will let you get a HD city? Or can I just sub to LA locals only now? for 18.99?

You do not need to have any SD to get the HD. The prices are what they are, so 18.99 for one HD city now :)

J

jmccurrytech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 13, 2006
Gastonia, NC
Still a ripoff IMHO :eek::eek:

Yes, may be a ripoff, but it's the only way people like me (who don't want D*) can get a large amount of NFL games in the fall. I have NY and SF SD, Chicago & LA CBS and FOX. Plus I'll "move" when football season starts and get Atlanta.

J

jmccurrytech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 13, 2006
Gastonia, NC
AND, OR if you've already subscribed will they refund or credit your account???

Well if you already subscribe, the next time you're billed you will the new rate(s). If you prepaid for 3 months before July 15th, you got one month free, which is about the same price.

H

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
AND, OR if you've already subscribed will they refund or credit your account???
No they won't!!!
You need to call them ,and they need to set experation dates on your channels before your next billing cycle. Then call the day that your channels exprire,and tell them the channels you want! Then you can get the new pricing, because they will not credit you on services that have already been paid. I just went through that.

V

voyagerbob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 5, 2003
I think because of the time zone part of the law they had to select a central time zone city. Or at least that is their interpretaion of the law.

Voyagerbob

B

bigticket

SatelliteGuys Family
Nov 14, 2008
Yes, may be a ripoff, but it's the only way people like me (who don't want D*) can get a large amount of NFL games in the fall. I have NY and SF SD, Chicago & LA CBS and FOX. Plus I'll "move" when football season starts and get Atlanta.

I live in KY. Can I get MN locals ?? I need my vikings games.

Derwin0

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Griffin, GA
I think because of the time zone part of the law they had to select a central time zone city. Or at least that is their interpretaion of the law.
Possibly, but it is also a marketing ploy. By having a different cities in SD & HD, then the customer is more likely to order both, instead of only HD if the same city was used.

makman

makman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Possibly, but it is also a marketing ploy. By having a different cities in SD & HD, then the customer is more likely to order both, instead of only HD if the same city was used.

I suspect you are right. My understanding of the law is that HD cannot be transmitted from an earlier time zone. From a television standpoint, Chicago and New York are in the same time zone.

Mitch

TNGTony

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
The price used to be 4 times as much as I was willing to pay. It's not twice as much as I am willing to pay. Getting better, but not anywhere near good enough

MikeD-C05

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
The price used to be 4 times as much as I was willing to pay. It's not twice as much as I am willing to pay. Getting better, but not anywhere near good enough

I agree Tony. If we wait long enough , they might just drop the price down to a reasonable amount in a fire sale. THis price decrease might be an indication that not many people are buying hd channels from them. Although Hiking the price of the sd distants by $2.00 doesn't seem to be the right way to go.

S

--sexy-warlock--

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 8, 2009
Chattanooga
I currently don't receive ABC in HD in my local area (Chattanooga, TN) Does anyone know what the sports are like on the Chicago HD ABC feed? Obviously I wouldn't be getting SEC Football games. :(