AARGHH!! why all the reruns suddenly recording?

smoeke

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
Pennsylvania
as title says, starting about 2 weeks ago some old shows are now showing up on my 722. now today i look and almost every timer i have set has recordings set for old shows (ALL my timers are set to record new only), i have not added a new timer in months,but have 25-30 timers overall.

i have top gears from 2006 set to record, my kids nick shows from '08, '09 are set to record, simpsons episodes from 2001 set to record!!!

i just spent 25 minutes deleting this crap, whats causing it?

It has happened to me as well. I believe in some cases I noticed that the information showed the episode as NA or not available. Thus the DVR does not know that it is not a new episode.

I remember them saying in the past on some old tech chat. that if the timer can't figure out whether it is new episode or not , it will record it anyway to make sure you get it. This seems to happen a lot after the physical year changes too, or if the show moves to another night. I had this happen on Harry's Law. It was an episode from last October and it recorded it anyway. It was also on another night than it would of normally been on.

I have the opposite problem. I setup my timers for "New", and If it's not marked "New" in the guide, it won't record, even if that episode isn't in the DVR. But I'm new to this, so I'm still learning.

I have the opposite problem. I setup my timers for "New", and If it's not marked "New" in the guide, it won't record, even if that episode isn't in the DVR. But I'm new to this, so I'm still learning.
I'm guessing you mistyped, as that is the way it's supposed to work.

It all goes back to Tribune Media Services. They supply the epg info. The dvr can only use the info supplied to it. Usually an old episode will be flagged as new if the Episode i# is flagged as N/A. I have that happening with "Dirty Jobs" starting on Wed at 12N on 182. It continues every day at noon.

And yet Dish apparently won't do anything about making Tribune, who they're presumably paying, provide correct data.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts