ABC 11 HD in Raleigh/Durham

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

toadfannc

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
(For Raleigh/Durham subs)-- Anyone else notice the blurriness and macro-blocking in the middle of the screen for this channel? It's most noticeable on sporting events and graphics (news and sports). Or, is it just me?

I have noticed a horizontal distortion line in the middle of the screen that shows up only on ABC HD and not on other channels. It only shows up when the scene has fast motion.

I then saw the same channel on my friend's local digital cable service and his was much sharper and didn't have the distortion.

I thought maybe it was my tv, but since other channels are fine I think its the ABC feed on HD.

I have noticed a horizontal distortion line in the middle of the screen that shows up only on ABC HD and not on other channels. It only shows up when the scene has fast motion.

I then saw the same channel on my friend's local digital cable service and his was much sharper and didn't have the distortion.

I thought maybe it was my tv, but since other channels are fine I think its the ABC feed on HD.

Thanks. Good to know it's not just me. So, you think it's a Dish thing or local ABC 11 HD thing? If that's the case, this would be happening on Time Warner and Direct TV as well, right?

(For Raleigh/Durham subs)-- Anyone else notice the blurriness and macro-blocking in the middle of the screen for this channel? It's most noticeable on sporting events and graphics (news and sports). Or, is it just me?
OTA or thru Dish? I just checked the Rose Bowl and it looked fine.

Last edited:
Then it's a Dish thing? What can be done about it? I emailed them (ABC 11) through their web site "CONTACT US" link.

Their lead engineer (Curtis - I believe) has been incredibly responsive and open to my contacts through that link. He made a change to the encoder last week after I complained about the sound blips on recorded and paused programming. Since then, I have noticed that the issue has all but disappeared.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)