ABC App, Impressive

HipKat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 25, 2017
Pekin, IL
Getting frustrated over not finding a place to watch/stream American Idol this year, I installed the ABC App. It's nice. Every full episode plus highlights are available, looks like a few days before you can see a full episode after it airs, and they strip out the commercials AND, it's free! I haven't tried to watch other programs yet, but for AI, it's perfect

Getting frustrated over not finding a place to watch/stream American Idol this year, I installed the ABC App. It's nice. Every full episode plus highlights are available, looks like a few days before you can see a full episode after it airs, and they strip out the commercials AND, it's free! I haven't tried to watch other programs yet, but for AI, it's perfect
That's cool! I didn't realize you could get it commercial free on the ABC app. I watch it the next day via Hulu. I have the ad free tier there so I never see them either.

Reactions: HipKat
That's cool! I didn't realize you could get it commercial free on the ABC app. I watch it the next day via Hulu. I have the ad free tier there so I never see them either.
I was surprised, knowing that Peacock is more of a pay service

I was surprised, knowing that Peacock is more of a pay service
Now you are confusing me. First you said the ABC app then you mention Peacock. BTW, I tested my ABC app and American Idol had commercials. And, I don’t find Idol on Peacock at all.

Now you are confusing me. First you said the ABC app then you mention Peacock. BTW, I tested my ABC app and American Idol had commercials. And, I don’t find Idol on Peacock at all.
I think he was pointing out that the Other Network (Peacock) you had to pay to watch a lot of stuff.

IMO, Peacock is crap the way they do it ....
I needed to turn on Peacock for a particular show, they said it was Free, so I did ...

I watched the 1st episode and in order to see the rest of the season, you had to go up to thier Paid package.

Good to see ABC is working well.

Reactions: HipKat
You're going to the full episodes?? Because I just watched all of the Audition episodes, about 1 hr 25 mins long, each, and no commercials at all.
Jimbo is correct. I was comparing the 2 apps.

You're going to the full episodes?? Because I just watched all of the Audition episodes, about 1 hr 25 mins long, each, and no commercials at all.
Jimbo is correct. I was comparing the 2 apps.
Yes, the full episodes on both my AppleTV and Roku. Using my DISH credential I am seeing commercials. I watched the first audition and the latest Hollywood round. They show 1:25 or so for each episode but break to commercial at each break point. They are short commercials but they are there. When I watch these same episodes on the Hulu app there are no ads because, as I said earlier, my Hulu sub is ad free.

I think he was pointing out that the Other Network (Peacock) you had to pay to watch a lot of stuff.

IMO, Peacock is crap the way they do it ....
I needed to turn on Peacock for a particular show, they said it was Free, so I did ...

I watched the 1st episode and in order to see the rest of the season, you had to go up to thier Paid package.

Good to see ABC is working well.
That's normal business. It's the same as Paramount + and the CBS website, You can watch certain episodes of shows but if you want to go back to the first of a season you have to go to Paramount+ which you pay for. They give you a taste and then they have you pay for the rest of the dessert.:)

Yes, the full episodes on both my AppleTV and Roku. Using my DISH credential I am seeing commercials. I watched the first audition and the latest Hollywood round. They show 1:25 or so for each episode but break to commercial at each break point. They are short commercials but they are there. When I watch these same episodes on the Hulu app there are no ads because, as I said earlier, my Hulu sub is ad free.
I never signed into a provider, because I don't have one but I did hit a wall after the 5 auditions, it's requiring a provider to keep watching :(