ABC Family HD?

slick1ru2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
The South
I have yet to see one thing in HD on this channel. I would prefer to dump this in favor or either AMC HD or PBS HD.

AMC is coming.... SOON... (well, about as soon as a Chevy Chase and Rosanne Barr star in a movie that wins the academy award for best picture)

AMC (and IFC) are owned by rainbow (who also owns VOOM...)

I saw episodes of Greek in HD on there. Not that I was watching it, but I was flipping through and it was HD

I saw episodes of Greek in HD on there. Not that I was watching it, but I was flipping through and it was HD

OK, well that is something I guess. My 5 year old watches movies on there, which they have on all the time and none have been in HD. I just sent them an email asking if they plan on a substantial increase in HD programming in the near future. If not we need to try and get rid of this channel in HD.

all of the abc family original programming is in HD. so their new content is in hd which does have an audience

all of the abc family original programming is in HD. so their new content is in hd which does have an audience

Oh, ok. But why show all of their movies in SD then? Weird. I mean they had one of the recent Pixar movies on in SD since we got them added to our progamming. They are advertising on their website that they are going to show all the Harry Potters...but who wants to watch them in 4:3 SD?

another wannabe channel... as I said in another thread someone will tell you that this is a worthless thread and you should stop complaining about hd channels showing 99% SD content.

This is the compelling HD programming that we should get accustomed to along with WFN HD and Cartoon HD... all wannabes...

From what I can tell, it seems that channels have to get the rights to broadcast shows in HD just like they have to get rights to broadcast them at all. No, I could be totally wrong on this, but it would make since because SciFi shows SD Stargate SG-1 when I know atleast 4 seasons are available in HD.

Now, I will say this, I love watching Greek in HD and I don't see them dropping ABC Family HD anytime soon.

I have the HD only pack plus several premium movie paks. I like the Smithsonian Channel, National Geographic, History, and several of the Discovery Channels, SciFi, HGTV and the country parts of MHD, plus my HD movie channels. I miss Voom, but I am happy with the new channels. My wife like Hallmark Movie Channel too. I don't watch the Weather channel, but I am impressed with the new HD graphics that they just added.