ABC-HD: NBA Basketball - Piston vs Lakers Game 5 Finals 8:30pm EST

DANG RIGHT THEY DID! NOW THE ENTIRE SPORTS COMMENTATORS CAN GO SCREW THEMSELVES TALKING BOUT LAKERS THIS LAKERS THAT.

they let kobe and shaq shoot all they want. but they shut the others down so bad.

babyj said:
DANG RIGHT THEY DID! NOW THE ENTIRE SPORTS COMMENTATORS CAN GO SCREW THEMSELVES TALKING BOUT LAKERS THIS LAKERS THAT.

they let kobe and shaq shoot all they want. but they shut the others down so bad.
Dislike the Lakers as much as anyone, but LA in 6. LA won't play that bad again.

Sean Mota said:
Piston steal Game 1 WOW -- DEFENSE!!!

Despite your overuse of font size my friend Sean..they did not steal it. They earned and my Lakers stunk the place up.

If Malone and Payton ever want a ring, they need to play play better than that.

Shaq and Kobe played fine. Malone/Payton played poor, but you also need to look at players like Fisher who played like utter crap (Rush/Slav/Fox too)

marko said:
Shaq and Kobe played fine. Malone/Payton played poor, but you also need to look at players like Fisher who played like utter crap (Rush/Slav/Fox too)

exactly..kobe and shaq did play fine. but thats not going to be enough. during the halftime interview kobe said we don't know what they are trying to do defensively so we have to get used to it.

Don't get excited...

Remember, all throughout the playoffs the Lakers have had one or two games in each series where they didn't show up. Last night was one of those games.

One thing which struck me as odd is the interview with Bryant at halftime. He kept saying how they weren't prepared for what Detroit was doing on defense. They'd not seen it before. What!!?? The Lakers don't have scounts? They don't watch video? Didn't seem as though the Pistons were doing anything any different than they've been doing. I don't get that.

Also, as was mentioned, the Lakers, overall, played pretty badly. The defense for the Pistons was good but not THAT good. When you dribble the ball downcourt, one pass (at most) then shoot a bad shot, that is hardly great defense. That's bad offense. Also, how many wide open shots did the Lakers miss? I wouldn't hold out for that happening again in game two.

I don't love the Lakers, hate the Pistons or anything. In fact, I really don't care who wins this but I think both teams have gotten more credit than they deserve. Detroit plays good defense but let's not put them so high. It's not like they've beaten a bunch of scoring juggernaughts. The Lakers have a great team but have shown all season they get bored and don't show up. I still think the Lakers will win but, as you saw last night, it may be a longer series than people thought.

btw, anyone notice how the contrast seemed to be way off on the broadcast and there seemed to be issues with focusing?

The Rickter

Seawaves said:
Despite your overuse of font size my friend Sean..they did not steal it. They earned and my Lakers stunk the place up.

If Malone and Payton ever want a ring, they need to play play better than that.

It's all in good fun. :D Pistons can enjoy this one but I expect Lakers to come out strong next time.

Don't forget, the Pistons did not exactly play well either. Plent of turnovers, Rasheed on the bench for much of the first half. Rip Hamilton had a bad night (caused by defense I am sure). Naturally the lakers are going to play better in the next few games, but I think the pistons will too.

eschu97611 said:
Sean-time to break out the BIG FONT for the Lakers this time-LOL

That was quite a blow last night. But for a Team (the Pistons) that was supposed to be swept or lose in 6 games (according to all sports analysts), this has been basketball at its best. This is the first year in last 5 that I have enjoyed the Finals because Detroit it's not going down easy.

Also, I hate this Kobey-Jordan comparison. Kobey cannot ties M. Jordan's shoes ever. Jordan never had an O'Neill type of player in his team. The most Jordan had was Pippen who turn out to be just a regular type of player after Michael left Chicago. Shaq is a superstar with or without Kobey. The combination of the two is what makes LA a great team. Take Shaq out of the equation and LA would have been out of the playoffs a long time ago. But these analysts want to make comparison to the great Jordan. No way!!!

Believe me I did not like Jordan when he was playing but you cannot put Kobey at the same level of Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan is legendary. Kobey is another player in a Team that already has all starts players.

Kobe has similar moves and the all around game of Jordan. He hits big shots, he scores a lot. He doesn't get the benefit of all the foul calls that Jordan did. You breathed on Jordan and it was a foul. Kobe gets hammered in the lane with few calls. Just like Jordan, he's an incredibly talented basketball player. BTW Pippen in his prime was an amazing defensive player who complemented Jordan very well. Shaq and Kobe are irregular on the complementary play.

Amazing. Looks like those Laker bandwagon fans might have a busted ride. Probably not. Lakers still win in 7.

cyuhnke said:
Amazing. Looks like those Laker bandwagon fans might have a busted ride. Probably not. Lakers still win in 7.

NO WAY! i have not seen defense like that in a long time.the piston's are for real.payton , malone , are getting schooled.shaq,kobe, are being shut down.Shaq attack does not even have to be used.if it was anyone else out of the west,id be on their side, but the lakes just make me ill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)