ABC-HD: NBA Basketball - Piston vs Lakers Game 5 Finals 8:30pm EST

Kobe couldnt tie Jordans, Birds or Magic's shoes. I suppose Shaq will break Kareem's scoring record also? Jordan would have taken that entire team on his back and dominated the entire game offensively and defensively, lose by 20? OMG.

GOOOOO PISTONS!!!!!!!!! end it in detroit!

People are all ways trying to create the next superstar. Michael took the tile of best from Bird and Johnson no one handed it to him.

I never liked the Chicago Bulls. Mr. Jordan was something to watch. He made the game of Basketball fun and his competitiveness was out of this world. I have not seen any player that can compare to Michael after he retired. Michael's game was at a level that no NBA player has able to reach after his era. He was that good.

I wish I could watcht he Finals in HD. My local WHOI in Peoria, isn't broadcasting them in HD. I've been suffering through some really crappy and grainy 480i stretched to fill the screen.

How is Kobe gonna know who to pass the ball too in prison when everyone is wearing orange jumpsuits? LMAO

GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well...

Although I really don't care who wins this series since I'm more of a college basketball fan, I must say I am tired of hearing what great defense Detroit is playing. They're hardly playing GREAT defense. They're playing very good defense. What I saw last night--and the whole series for that matter--is a team (the Lakers) who cannot hit a shot no matter how wide open they are. Other than Shaq nobody can make a shot. They can't make shots in close, they can't make shots outside. They just can't make a shot.

I play a lot of basketball and I have been in games where my whole team couldn't throw the ball into the Atlantic Ocean. The Lakers have been this way the whole series. Throw someone playing good defense (not great) at them and this is what you have--a team with the wheels coming off.

It's all just plain ugly basketball. It's not like the Pistons are a scoring machine themselves. If they could do ANYTHING on offense (against the Lakers who play the normal horrible NBA defense) this series would have been over last night.

Anyway, did anyone in the NYC area notice all of the breakups in the signal last night? It was almost unwatchable. My signal would go from 80 (or so) to nothing then back again. This went on the whole game--well, I watched Six Feet Under first so it was in the 2nd half anyway. All of my other OTA channels were fine.

The Rickster

Richard Fuller said:
People are all ways trying to create the next superstar. Michael took the tile of best from Bird and Johnson no one handed it to him.
Micheal inherited the title, Bird and magic retired.

I usually agree with you on most things V, but not here. For the record, I can't stand Jordan. But he took the title of best player from Bird and Magic with his spectacular 1988 year. It was amazing.

Not sure if this has been thouched here before but...

If you've watched the NHL or NBA Finals and noticed the picture is blurry inbetween shots, it because the local affliate doesn't have the correct setting on thier flexicoder.

Read about it over at AVS forms:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?threadid=410278&highlight=wftv

I've emailed WFTV here in Orlando about this.
I received a reply from John Demshock Director of Engineering for
WFTV and WRDQ that the changes have been made and we should be good to go for tonights Final NBA game.

Check with your local affiliate if you have problems.

cyuhnke said:
I usually agree with you on most things V, but not here. For the record, I can't stand Jordan. But he took the title of best player from Bird and Magic with his spectacular 1988 year. It was amazing.
In my opinion, everyone knew MJ was a great scorer, and a great defensive player early in his NBA career. But there is a measuring stick for greatness. The first mark on that stick is winning an NBA title. And Bird and Magic were done or on there way out when that occured werent they? It was as if Bird imposed his will to win championships at times. remember hoops made from behind the backboard, the stealing of the inbounds pass and the subsequent feed to DJ in the last fricken second to survive in a playoff series? Those are the kinds of things that make a player a champion. Sure MJ could score 60 pts against the Celtics in a game, even in the playoffs but he would still lose the game. The great player realizes that inorder to win you have to make the players around you great as well and carry the team on your back only when they need it. And If I remember correctly that happened after Bird and Magic were gone or nearly gone. Remember that Bird retired in 91 and Jordan won the first of 6 in 90 I believe.

Where's Eschu? hes usually quite vocal about his Lakers...lol. This is rich, I remember before the series started, that moron on ESPN radio that took cornheisers slot saying " the lakers are more concerned about what time of day and what street to have the parade on due to issues with sun in thier eyes, than they are worried about beating the Pistons."

vurbano said:
Where's Eschu? hes usually quite vocal about his Lakers...lol. This is rich, I remember before the series started, that moron on ESPN radio that took cornheisers slot saying " the lakers are more concerned about what time of day and what street to have the parade on due to issues with sun in thier eyes, than they are worried about beating the Pistons."
Hiding until Game 7 on Sunday(Please, Please , Please!!!-LOL)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)