ABC Waiver

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I tried to post this a couple of times yesterday from my iphone but dont think it ever went through.

ABC only has a few more days to respond to my waiver. I live about 50 miles north of Dallas and can not recieve signal with a roof top antenna. Would have to put up a tower. If they do not give me the waiver do I have any other options left?

I have waivers from ABC, NBC, and CBS. So I am able to subscribe to Atlanta and San Francisco networks via AllAmericanDirect. Go to Dish channel 240 for info. They are not HD (yet), but is nice to get two additional time zones and more sports choices each week. This works even when Dish provides you with your locals:)

I tried to post this a couple of times yesterday from my iphone but dont think it ever went through.

ABC only has a few more days to respond to my waiver. I live about 50 miles north of Dallas and can not recieve signal with a roof top antenna. Would have to put up a tower. If they do not give me the waiver do I have any other options left?

I called allamericandirect and they said if they dont respond in next four days I will be granted into ABC distant. It just pisses me off local cable can carry it and dish has the channel but I am not allowed to view it. Hopefully I will end up getting distant abc through allamericandirect.

Again all waivers will become useless in less then 90 days.

When the big switchover from Analog to Digital happens on February 17th there is no longer any such thing as Wavers. The wavers people have now are only good for analog signals there is nothing on the books for Digital broadcasts.

A lot of people are going to be very upset on February 17th and its not Dish Network nor DirecTV's doing.

It seems like they would want you to watch their channel. I guess I am going to be forced to move.

The wavers people have now are only good for analog signals there is nothing on the books for Digital broadcasts.
Says who ? I've never seen one so I don't know how it's worded. If it only refers to a station's "channel", one could argue the matter...

Does anyone have a copy of one ? Are they available at the FCC's website ?

So what does this mean for AllAmericaDirect and their plans to got to HD. No one gets to subscribe to them or is there going to be a new waiver process or does nobody know?

WFAA does not gve waivers unless you live north of the OK border, at least they did not me. Your best bet is to get a good OTA anttenna, maybe a preamp (I needed one) and a VIP E* receiver so that you can intergrate your OTA chennels with your Sat. Channels seemlessly. That is all that can be done but, it works pretty good.

Years ago before we had are locals on Dish I was unable to get waivers at first,I was denied ABC and CBS.It took awhile but I kept mailing and calling the stations until I got someone to help me.I live in Northern Santa barbara County in california and at that time locals werent up but the Cable company (Comcast had are locals and also had networks out of Los Angeles)this is how I got the waivers I fought the issue with the local stations saying that they need to make comcast drop the LA stations if we are not allowed to have waivers to get LA stations either.I was very persistent and finally recieved the waivers,as I beleive they got tired of me and my ranting.I wanted the LA staions because I was used to them and I beleived satelitte should be ale to provide,it had nothing to do with the locals revenue as I still watch there stations for local news,but unfortunately at that time their feed even though it was on Dish was very bad but LA feed was really good.So if you really want a waiver and are being denied you must contact local station manager and plead your case,dont be rude just state why you would like to have additional feed and with some luck you should get your waivers.I still beleive that people should be allowed an additional network feed besides their locals if they are willing to pay for them and as long as they are available ,a local channels should not be telling you that you cannot.

Explanation needed

What I don't understand is why you need a waiver. Since you should be able to pick the channel up over satellite. Dallas has LIL via satellite on 110 in HD & SD. So why do you need a waiver? Are you trying to get the OK channels or something?

I live in Sherman Tx. I guess it is just outside the DMA. ABC did not respond and I am getting the distant abc now.

You live in Grayson county and because ch 12 is located in Sherman you cannot receive any out of market stations by satellite DISH or Directv. In Sherman you can receive CH 8 (9) digital signal. In Feb 2009 they are moving back to Ch 8 and I expect they may have an even better signal. Yes you do need a good VHF TV antenna and may need an amplifier depending on your location and the antenna you choose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)