About canceling Dish network service because of moving

scotty562

Original poster
Aug 10, 2010
PA
So I'll be moving to my parents house in a few months and I asked Dish if they would move my service even though my parents house already had Dish. They told me that they could put my service on hold, but I could not get out of the contract. It would also cost me $420 to cancel early. Anyone have any experience with this? It's not my fault they can't handle 2 accounts at one location.

If you actually want a second account just for you, simply add "apartment 101" to the service address. If you are trying to get out of the contract, you are kind of hosed. The only times I have seen DISH let someone out of a contract is when the installer comes out and can't get a view of the satellite from the new location.

Unless this is a new contract that you just started or re-upped that cancellation fee is wrong. How many months left of your contract? I believe the current cancellation calculation is $17.50 for each month left on the contract.

why not just move the receivers there? The contract still can be fulfilled. Now if its different locals just move with Dish and add an apt # as noted above