about disih

vinc

Original poster
Dec 31, 2006
ok I am new here . Have a question I have had service with dishnetwork for over 1 year now and I just purchased a new HDTV . I have the 180 package for dish but didn't have the high def. now with the new tv I want to get the ViP622 DVR right now I have the DVR 522. Now do I call up dish to buy the receiver or can I just buy one from someone. Now if I do buy one from someone and hook it up will I get High def tv or do I have to call and order high def . Sorry if these are stupid question I just have no clue.
I saw on dish network that there is a 199.95 lease charge but then i also so them on ebay for about 400 what is the better way to go thanks

Either call Dish or call a local authorized retailer/installer and they will hook you up. It will cost $199 for the 622.

AND :welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Yes, you have to order an HD package. It will add $20 to your bill.

Lot's of posts over whether it's better to buy or lease- do a search. You will save very little per month by buying. But you MIGHT be able to sell the receiver some day. There's also the question of whether you need to cover your leased unit with their "insurance" or not.

Dish may not be your best bet

ok I am new here . Have a question I have had service with dishnetwork for over 1 year now and I just purchased a new HDTV . I have the 180 package for dish but didn't have the high def. now with the new tv I want to get the ViP622 DVR right now I have the DVR 522. Now do I call up dish to buy the receiver or can I just buy one from someone. Now if I do buy one from someone and hook it up will I get High def tv or do I have to call and order high def . Sorry if these are stupid question I just have no clue.
I saw on dish network that there is a 199.95 lease charge but then i also so them on ebay for about 400 what is the better way to go thanks

I also have a 522 and cannot get 16:9 aspect ratio. I don't know anything about the 622 but I have read online that there are few differences between the two. With all of the software issues on the 522 recently, I have decided to switch to DTV since their equipment seems to have better support for HD.

Ain't it the truth, boba. Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire! Figure he's getting a "20?"

Schwing, Wake up. It's now 2007. These guys are all making fun of you because D* is having massive problems with their HD dvr (hr20-700). The E* 622 is working much better. Trust me. I have both. No comparison.

no. We're making fun of him because he left because his 522 (he has mentioned it in NUMEROUS posts) can't do 16:9

The 522 is SD only :)
You're right. He made 2 mistakes but the 522 not doing HD properly was the bigger one. I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt with hitting a 5 instead of a 6. He is boasting on another thread about the 522 not doing HD correctly (so he left).

He is in for a rude awakening if he thinks jumping over to the hr20 is better than upgrading to the 622. Maybe he switched to D* because they're giving away portable dvd players to new customers. :p

Makes you wonder how many people think they're watching HD when they're not (and wondering what the big deal is.) Somebody isn't getting the word out, though I think satelliteguys is doing it's part. :hatsoff:

Houston Locals HD

lease fee for upgraded equipment?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)