? about hd package

lime4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
Does that also include cbs hd? From my understanding cbs-hd comes in off 61.5 sat..I currently have the superdish so i'm already getting 3 sats i don't think there is a switch out there that would allow me to get the 4th sat..I was thinking of getting the 811 then hooking it up directly to single lnb setup for the 61.5 sat will this work?? Girlfriend would like to get cbs-hd

It depends where you live. Do a search of previous threads and you should be able to find a listing of the cities that can get CBS-HD from dish. If you aren't in one of the cities, you need to get a waiver from your local CBS station or just use the over the air antenna if available in your area.

The HDPack and CBS are two separate animals. The CBS-HD feeds do not require the HDPack, they require you being able to qualify to recieve the CBS feed from one of the owned and operated CBS stations. If you live in an area that qualifies for DBS reception of the O&O CBS stations then you can get the CBS-HD feed for free.

mike123abc said:
The HDPack and CBS are two separate animals. The CBS-HD feeds do not require the HDPack, they require you being able to qualify to recieve the CBS feed from one of the owned and operated CBS stations. If you live in an area that qualifies for DBS reception of the O&O CBS stations then you can get the CBS-HD feed for free.

For CBS-HD, it is "free" if you get the $5.99 locals package OR $1.99 a la carte.

It is not free otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts