? about hooking up a HD DVR 622 to a tube tv

ercav

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I just got a HD DVR for my bedroom. The TV in there is an old 19 inch tube tv. There are no inputs just the place to screw in one wire. Is there some kind of adapter I can use to get the tv to work until I get a new tv? Thanks in advance for any help.

No I do not have another tv hook to tv2. I don't know what you mean about using it

No I do not have another tv hook to tv2. I don't know what you mean about using it
TV2 output (Home Distribution) is coaxial for an SD set. Hook it to your antenna connection on your TV. Read your manual about setting the channel #'s on receiver and TV. You would also want to set your receiver to single mode (Tv1 & 2 would be seeing the same thing). You would still use your TV1 remote.

Last edited:
Had to look at my tv. Think it's called a TV Matching converter or connector. kstile and kab are thinking of other types of adaptors.
I'm not talking about any kind of adapter, Garys. Just hooking it up the the TV2 output.

Garys, I think we may be confusing the OP. He said in first post, his TV has just one place to "screw in a single" wire. I read that as antenna coax input. That's why I am suggesting hooking it up to TV2, as in post #7.

OK, maybe I am wrong. I have an old tv tube set, it does not have the coax input, just two screws for the old flat antenna wire. I had to use this type of adaptor to get it to work. If OP has the coax input, he does not need any type of adaptor as 622 does have a coax output.

OK, maybe I am wrong. I have an old tv tube set, it does not have the coax input, just two screws for the old flat antenna wire. I had to use this type of adaptor to get it to work. If OP has the coax input, he does not need any type of adaptor as 622 does have a coax output.
When I read "tube" set, I thought picture tube (vs flat screen), not as old as you're thinking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)