about mapmaster

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dan00

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2012
south ms
i saved my nvram bin file from my 922 and need to know what to do next? How do I use mapmaster? I am completely new to this. I have the file so what do I do now? Id appreciate any advice. thanks.

i saved my nvram bin file from my 922 and need to know what to do next? How do I use mapmaster? I am completely new to this. I have the file so what do I do now? Id appreciate any advice. thanks.

There are lots of posts that cover this, so you should spend more time getting information from those that came before you by reading as many as you can.

Go here: https://sites.google.com/site/4dtvmapmaster/map-master-zip-files and download the "9_New Motorola Maps.txt" if you have not done so already. Start the 4DMapMaster program. From the menu select "Maps->Load .bin file". When prompted, navigate to your saved nvram.bin file from your receiver, select it and hit the "Open" button. If it is a good binary, the MM program will load the file. From the menu select "Maps->Load Master Maps". When prompted, navegate to where you stored the "9_New Motorola Maps.txt" file, select it, and hit the "Open" button. The program will remove your old maps from the nvram and insert the new maps from the master maps file. You will be prompted where to save the new nvram.bin file. Save it somewhere using any name (like new_nvram_MMDDYY.bin). Exit the MM program. Load the USBBDM software, select the revised nvram and write it to your receiver. Done.

If you have a good nvram pulled out.... one that does not say when you put in in the map restoration program...
"Invalid Sram Offsets in binary dump file " then your ready to restore the maps.
If you get that message then one of your settings is incorrect in the usbjtag-nt program or you did not load all the dll files to the proper locations according to the instructions.

Once you have that file pulled out correctly save it and use a copy of it to work from.
Then load the copy into the map restoration program by opening up the map restoration program, click on MAPS, then load the file you just made a copy of. Then go back to Maps and click on load master maps and find the #9 file from the website and save the new bin file as a new name.
Then use the usbjtag-nt program and sent that file back to your 4d receiver by using Write this time instead of Read.
follow the other bdm instructions and your done.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts