Abysmal performance and signal loss following Hopper 1 update

BennyT

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
Indiana
About two weeks ago we received the software update and new interface on our dish system. Our system consists of two hoppers, one of which has two Joey's connected.

Immediately following the update, we noticed performance of the receivers was extremely sluggish and would often times result in an accurate selections and program information. For example, if I had been viewing the info for one show and then went to view the info for another show the hopper would still display the info for the prior show under the title for the new show.

Perhaps most frustrating, is the signal loss. There has been no change to our dish or any equipment, however immediately following the software update we began getting signal outages on certain channels. They happen to be some of the channels we watch the most. The error is 32-12-11. After resetting the receiver, the signal will be restored temporarily. But it's not long until we receive the same error message again.

This whole situation is extremely frustrating, as we had no problems whatsoever prior to the software update.

About two weeks ago we received the software update and new interface on our dish system. Our system consists of two hoppers, one of which has two Joey's connected.

Immediately following the update, we noticed performance of the receivers was extremely sluggish and would often times result in an accurate selections and program information. For example, if I had been viewing the info for one show and then went to view the info for another show the hopper would still display the info for the prior show under the title for the new show.

Perhaps most frustrating, is the signal loss. There has been no change to our dish or any equipment, however immediately following the software update we began getting signal outages on certain channels. They happen to be some of the channels we watch the most. The error is 32-12-11. After resetting the receiver, the signal will be restored temporarily. But it's not long until we receive the same error message again.

This whole situation is extremely frustrating, as we had no problems whatsoever prior to the software update.
What kind of reset did you do? If it wasn't a pull the cord one, try that out. Pull all the chords. Plug the Hoppers back in after about 30 seconds. After they are both up and running, plug in the Joeys.

Reactions: JSheridan
Is there a difference in holding the power button down for a re-set than pulling the cord? I always thought it accomplished the same thing. My old 211k will get sluggish and I reset it from the power button and it always works (so far).

Is there a difference in holding the power button down for a re-set than pulling the cord? I always thought it accomplished the same thing. My old 211k will get sluggish and I reset it from the power button and it always works (so far).
Consider the power button reset a soft boot and the plug pull a hard boot. They are different.

I thought the unofficial consensus around here is that the CUI update to Hopper 1's is a kind of "forced obsolescence" to drive people into newer receivers...?

Exactly. They claim the new slimlined version of the CUI their pushing out will “run better” but really their probably adding ‘problems’ to force more people to upgrade.

I did the "hard" reboot as instructed. And the problem persists. The equipment is SO laggy. It's funny, sometimes when it lags, it will briefly display the old UI until the new one loads. I don't know where to go from here.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I did the "hard" reboot as instructed. And the problem persists. The equipment is SO laggy. It's funny, sometimes when it lags, it will briefly display the old UI until the new one loads. I don't know where to go from here.
Sorry it didn't work. I guess try to call DISH and maybe there is some kind of hit they can send your Hoppers or maybe you need a technician to check out your system. Hopper 3 system sure is sweet if you have to upgrade.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Varies. Maybe $95. Some more, some less, a few used to get it for free some time ago. And a two year commitment.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Varies. Maybe $95. Some more, some less, a few used to get it for free some time ago. And a two year commitment.

Do you know if we'd be able to keep the same setup? Two hoppers with one of them running two Joeys. We don't want the whole house on the same DVR.

Ugh, do you know the estimated cost to upgrade?
No telling, depends on lots of things. Since you are having Hopper issues maybe you can get a good deal. Maybe start out with a DIRT member and go from there. Maybe you can lower your bill if you just have one Hopper 3 with your Joeys. If I was you, I would also upgrade your Joeys to Joey 3 or 4K Joey too.

Do you know if we'd be able to keep the same setup? Two hoppers with one of them running two Joeys. We don't want the whole house on the same DVR.
You could add a Wally and an external hard drive, and pay the $40 fee to activate DVR functionality. The combined cost would be cheaper than purchasing the second H3, and the monthly fee for the Wally would only be $7 per month, compared to $15 per month for the additional H3. So, you would get your money back pretty quickly with the savings by doing that.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)