ACC reaches 12-year TV rights deal with ESPN

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not really. ESPN already had the football games (hence Ga/Va Tech's regular appearance on Sunday nights). This deal won't result in more ACC football on ESPN/ABC. If anything, this will increase ESPN's broadcasting of the basketball games (formally held by Raycom). Basketball drove this deal, not football.

Raycom is still in the basketball picture. And you are way off base when you say bball is the driver. Football is king and it ain't even close.

TechSideline.com: ACC Announces Television Deal with ESPN

Where are you getting this info from.

I know Ohio State plays on the Thursday before .

Is Florida on ESPN or 2 or 3 or U or regional ?

Very possible that the SEC and Big Ten would both play at Noon, each on thier side of the network.

BTW, are we gonna have a ESPN NORTH and an ESPN South now ?

ttp://www.gatorzone.com/sched.php?sport=footb

Sat
Sep 4 Miami (OH) Gainesville, FL 12:00PM ESPN

Football Schedule

Sept. 11, 2010 at South Carolina (ESPN) 12:00 pm ET

Big Ten games are now on ESPN2

ttp://www.gatorzone.com/sched.php?sport=footb

Sat

Football Schedule

I don't think so ....

ABC/ESPN
In June of 2006, the Big Ten signed a new 10-year national rights contract with ABC/ESPN. Big Ten action has been featured on ABC since 1966 and on ESPN since 1979, the network's first year. The new agreement, which began during the 2007-08 season, includes up to 41 televised Big Ten football games - up to 17 on ABC and up to 25 on ESPN or ESPN2. In addition, all regional afternoon football games aired on ABC will be aired by ESPN/ESPN2 in outer-markets, making these games nationally available.

Raycom is still in the basketball picture. And you are way off base when you say bball is the driver. Football is king and it ain't even close.
Raycom is in less control now. Whereas in the past Raycom was the prime in Basketball and ESPN was blacked out in Raycom territory (including the tourney), ESPN will now be prime with Raycom being secondary.

Football remains the same as it was before, ESPN is the primary (with no blackouts of ESPN in ACC territory).

Since the only thing that has changed is Basketball, then it's fairly obvious that Basketball drove he price increase.

http://www.gatorzone.com/sched.php?sport=footb

Sat

Football Schedule

All the ESPN tags in those means, is that the ESPN Network will be broadcasting the game. They could be either ABC/ESPN/ESPN2, not to mention ESPN tends to rationalize the ABC & ESPN broadcasts.

More than likely the ABC affiliates will show the SEC game in SEC country, and the Big 10 game in Big 10 country with ESPN in those areas showing the other game.

Jimbo said:
I don't think so ....

ABC/ESPN
In June of 2006, the Big Ten signed a new 10-year national rights contract with ABC/ESPN. Big Ten action has been featured on ABC since 1966 and on ESPN since 1979, the network's first year. The new agreement, which began during the 2007-08 season, includes up to 41 televised Big Ten football games - up to 17 on ABC and up to 25 on ESPN or ESPN2. In addition, all regional afternoon football games aired on ABC will be aired by ESPN/ESPN2 in outer-markets, making these games nationally available.

All the ESPN tags in those means, is that the ESPN Network will be broadcasting the game. They could be either ABC/ESPN/ESPN2, not to mention ESPN tends to rationalize the ABC & ESPN broadcasts.

More than likely the ABC affiliates will show the SEC game in SEC country, and the Big 10 game in Big 10 country with ESPN in those areas showing the other game.

No, the noon game on the main channel is going to be an SEC game.

Week 3 will be Arkansas/Georgia.

ESPN/ABC does the ESPN2/ABC split for the mid afternoon game, which is CBS window for the SEC. You will never see an SEC game on in that window.

THERE WILL BE NO SEC GAMES ON ABC, CBS HAS THE EXCLUSIVE OTA NATIONAL RIGHTS.

The only games the will be OTA are the old Jefferson Pilot window.

The No

THERE WILL BE NO SEC GAMES ON ABC, CBS HAS THE EXCLUSIVE OTA NATIONAL RIGHTS.

The only games the will be OTA are the old Jefferson Pilot window.
For 3:00pm they do, they also have first pick of which SEC game they get.

But they do not have the exclusive OTA rights.

SEC games have been on the ABC/ESPN split at 12:00pm & 7:00pm many times.
In fact, LSU is currently scheduled on ABC 9/04.
2010 College Football TV Schedule
http://mattsarzsports.com/football2010.aspx

Also, while the Florida game may be National on ESPN, the UGA/USC game is a split ESPN/ESPN2 game with the San Jose St./Wisconsin game.

Last edited:
For 3:00pm they do, they also have first pick of which SEC game they get.

But they do not have the exclusive OTA rights.

SEC games have been on the ABC/ESPN split at 12:00pm & 7:00pm many times.
In fact, LSU is currently scheduled on ABC 9/04.
2010 College Football TV Schedule
Football 2010

Also, while the Florida game may be National on ESPN, the UGA/USC game is a split ESPN/ESPN2 game with the San Jose St./Wisconsin game.

That is a nuetral site game with UNC, that is why it is on ABC. As we know confernce network deals only apply to home games. At the end of the year when Florida goes to Florida St. that can be a 3:30 ABC game.

It's not split, at the time that was put together it was still being decided which would go to 1 or 2.

So, it sounds like your all saying that the Big Ten games will be the 12/1 pm game and thats it, the SEC has the 3:30 and 7 pm games .....

I know thats NOT right.

Ohio State plays 3 games for sure that are not Noon starts and are on National networks.

Sept. 11 against Miami is a 3:30 game and on ESPN
Oct. 16th against Wisconsin is a 7:15 game on ESPN/2
Oct 30th against Minnesota is a 8 pm game on ABC/ESPN/2

I would not doubt that Nov. 13th against Penn State ends up being a late game as well. 3:30 at least in Columbus. Network is TBA.

So, it sounds like your all saying that the Big Ten games will be the 12/1 pm game and thats it, the SEC has the 3:30 and 7 pm games .....

I know thats NOT right.

No, I am not saying that at all.

SEC will have Noon ESPN

Big Ten will have Noon ESPN2

ABC will have a regional game at 3:30 including Big 10, but no SEC home games that is CBS.

Saturday Primetime ESPN will be SEC, mostly.

Saturday Primetime ABC could be anything, including Big 10, but not an SEC home game.

No, I am not saying that at all.

SEC will have Noon ESPN

ABC will have a regional game at 3:30 including Big 10, but no SEC home games that is CBS.

Saturday Primetime ESPN will be SEC, mostly.

Saturday Primetime ABC could be anything, including Big 10, but not an SEC home game.

What happens to the second ESPN Big Ten game at noon ?

Your seriously gonna stick to your SEC has the ESPN game at noon ? Every week ?

SEC will have Noon ESPN

You're reading too much into the 1st weeks schedule. Remember that the SEC & Big 10 are under the same contracts with ESPN this year as last, so their schedules on the ESPN networks are likely to be similar as last year.

Right now it's not even decided which game will have ESPN and which will have ESPN2 in weeks 2 & 3 for the noon game. Probably depend on how the respective teams are doing at that point. Hate to say it about my Dawgs, but Penn St. does have more of a national appeal, so week 3 likely will be JoPa's team.

When the heart of the Big 10 schedule hits, it will be a Big 10 game, same as SEC when you hit the heart of their schedule.

I love the SEC (grew up in GA), but would still prefer an Ohio St/Penn St matchup over Vandy/Miss St.

Was he referring to the 1st week only ???

If thats the case, fine, but he didn't say that.

I can fully understand the SEC getting the first week(s) dedicated to them, seeing they are the New guy on the block.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts