Acceptable Signal Strenght

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I looked around the old post and could not find the answer to my question. So what is the acceptable signal strength for Dish? Mine is around 60 to 70 %. Thanks

Which sats are you reading...129 as well as 110/119?

60-70% is fine. Problems occur when there is fluctuation in the signal. It is an all digital signal. You get it or you don't. If the signal stays steady, then you get it. If it fluctuates, you don't.

BEEP wrong answer

60-70% is fine. Problems occur when there is fluctuation in the signal. It is an all digital signal. You get it or you don't. If the signal stays steady, then you get it. If it fluctuates, you don't.

It can fluctuate up and down and make no difference. It's when it drops to below a certain threshold that it hits the "clift" effect and is gone. With 60 to 70% you are very unlikely to see that threshold. The threshold is below 20% although I've seen it hold a look as low as 13 on the new SS scale.

All three 110, 119, 129 are typically in the 60-70 range for me. The value is also different somewhat by transponder.

I live on a boat, so I have to repoint due to fuel usage and dock movement sometimes. Typically I don't lose signal and need a repoint until the strength is under 30 or 40 (if I recall correctly).

Not that it's important, but the number isn't a percentage. It was a percentage long ago, when there was only one size dish. Now, it's just a number.

A reminder......since signal levels can vary on the same satellite, conus vs. conus as well as spotbeam vs spotbeam, during periods of weather related problems, especially thunderstorms, if you happen to be viewing an HD service and it drops...change to its SD version. There is a better than 70/30 chance you will restore the service. The higher signal levels on the new 119 sat has reduced rain fade intruption. This doesn't aply to all services, but the next time mother nature causes you to say bad things, give this reminder a try.

I have noticed the same effect when it comes to rain fade. DTV is the same way for me, if it starts to pixelate I just switch to SD channels and am normally back up and running.

does

I just got home and checked all the satellites and there all the same. It seems that 60/70 % is average. Just wondered why it went up all the way to 120 %?

It just does. Who knows who come up w/ that #. So you can stop using the % sign it doesn't mean anything since there is really no such thing as 120%. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts