Access code for Tivo Series 2 and Dish VIP k222

rjhughes

Original poster
Mar 22, 2007
Hello-

I just fired Comcast and had Dish installed. My Tivo Series 2 will recognize Dish, show the guide, all the good stuff. But it won't change the channels and I have spent a fair amount of time trying to get it to program, but it can't seem to find the correct code.

Would anyone happen to have the code for the VIP k222 receiver and Tivo Series 2? Or have any suggestions to "find" it?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!

More than likely the IR remote for the 222k is not set for remote address 1 which is what the Tivo is probably set to. Bring up the system info screen on the 222k (by pressing the menu button twice) and see what the TV1 remote address is set to (this should be near the bottom of the screen), If it's not set to one do the following:

While still in the system info screen press and hold the "SAT" button on the TV1 remote until all the mode lights come on

enter "01" on the remote

press the "#" key, the SAT light should flash three times.

press the record button on the remote while pointing it at the receiver. the number for the TV1 remote on the system info screen should change to a 1.

Try the Tivo again.

Thank you...and a clarification

Thank you, AF, I appreciate your help.

Using the Sys Info, I see my remote 1 is set on channel 20; remote 2 is on channel 5.

But I may not have been as clear as I could have been (and maybe I was and just am being overly cautious!).

What I am doing is going through the Tivo set up to work with Dish. I am in the stage of the set up where I am trying to program the Tivo to change channels itself, so I can program the recordings. I have gone through the step of letting the Tivo try to identify the channels (where you "tell" it whether the channel has changed or not. I have then gone to "advanced settings" when I was not successful in the automatic step. I have tried 10001 (a,b,c) thru 10020 (a,b,c) and my Dish tech suggested I ask in this forum to see if someone has already has the five digit code to enter rather than sit and go through the hundreds of manual combinations!

And if changing the remote to "1" is still the answer after this explanation, I'm on it!!

Thanks again for your help.

yeah, that should do it for you. The Tivo by default will only send the remote codes for a remote set to 1, so if it's set to 20 on the receiver then the receiver will ignore remote commands from the tivo as it's sending remote commands for remote 1. So the steps I laid out should do the trick, as they will set both the receiver and the remote to 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts