Account Suspension No Longer Available

jimdandyvi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2010
Virgin Islands
Called Dish this morning to put my account on suspension. I will be traveling for over thirty days and wanted to save some money.

I am out of contract

I was told that this option is no longer available as it was recently discontinued. The best I could do was downgrade to the Welcome Pack.

Can anyone else confirm that Dish no longer offers this option?

Thanks. Sent you the Info by PM.

Unfortunately Zach could not help me. When the local retailer set my account up in 2010 he for some reason set it up as a commercial account because that was the way Dish wanted to handle it. Shortly after my install Dish began assigning all new installs in my community as regular residential customers.

I live in a free standing town home with my own satellite dish on the roof, etc. The commercial account has been nothing but a problem from day one. Even simple things are impossible or a hassle. For instance when I call the "special number" for commercial accounts more often than not the call ends up in the telephone tree for regular residential accounts so when the call is finally answered they can't help me and I have to be transferred then wait for the next available operator again.

Dish is unwilling to change my account despite repeated requests including even to DIRT. I therefore have little choice but to cancel my account (out of contract ) while I am gone and have my wife order service in her name this fall. While it will be a pain in the butt it will be worth it for new equipment and discounted rates for the next twelve months.

I can't believe that Dish is just so inflexible that they want to charge me an additional few bucks a month while the account is suspended in return will end up subsidizing another install and give my wife new customer discounts. This will be particularly sweet, because when I was first installed I had to pay rack rates because I was considered a commercial account.

Last edited:
DISH Pause is still available. Please send me a PM with your account information if you'd like me to review it.

You're making things too easy. Back in my time we had to call several times to get the right answer. I had to call uphill both ways..... :D

CSR probably had no idea what you were referring to by saying suspend your account.Dish Pause is the magic words.

CSR probably had no idea what you were referring to by saying suspend your account.Dish Pause is the magic words.

"Yes sir, we have Dish pause. Look at your remote, in the center see the two parallel up and down lines? Push that and the picture will be paused."

Thanks. Sent you the Info by PM.

Unfortunately Zach could not help me. When the local retailer set my account up in 2010 he for some reason set it up as a commercial account because that was the way Dish wanted to handle it. Shortly after my install Dish began assigning all new installs in my community as regular residential customers.

I live in a free standing town home with my own satellite dish on the roof, etc. The commercial account has been nothing but a problem from day one. Even simple things are impossible or a hassle. For instance when I call the "special number" for commercial accounts more often than not the call ends up in the telephone tree for regular residential accounts so when the call is finally answered they can't help me and I have to be transferred then wait for the next available operator again.

Dish is unwilling to change my account despite repeated requests including even to DIRT. I therefore have little choice but to cancel my account (out of contract ) while I am gone and have my wife order service in her name this fall. While it will be a pain in the butt it will be worth it for new equipment and discounted rates for the next twelve months.

I can't believe that Dish is just so inflexible that they want to charge me an additional few bucks a month while the account is suspended in return will end up subsidizing another install and give my wife new customer discounts. This will be particularly sweet, because when I was first installed I had to pay rack rates because I was considered a commercial account.

You could probably put the service in your name, since they don't check residential accounts to commercial accounts when establishing new service.

Its very fishy they would have set you up as a commercial account. Do you get the movie channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts