Acoustical Treatment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You are on the right path but the shape of that room will make it impossible to really make it sound good. You have so many killers in that room, like the huge open area to the right and the big open doorway to the left. The sound traps will really help, just don't expect miracles from the treatments.

Yeah, thats what I have been told. I think covering up the wall right behind our head and some behind the speakers is a good start. Will look cool too.

Swatches from ATS ordered. Wife wants microsuede (as I figured) and I measured the wall out. Four 2x4 panels will be spaced 12" apart, puts one right behind me, one right behind the MLP(glass table) and two behind the couch.

Pretty excited about this step.

The panels made a big difference in my home theater. But what really helped, especially in tightening the bass, was installing the door an sealing off the room!

Yeah, thats what I have been told. I think covering up the wall right behind our head and some behind the speakers is a good start. Will look cool too.
I wouldn't recommend putting panels right behind your head. Or anywhere close to your ears for that matter...
Once you bring you ear close to a panel you will understand! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)