Acquiring Satellite Signal 015 message every morning???

dkh7m

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
this has been going on for a while and i can't find any real answers, so apologies if this has been covered...

i have two dish 381 receivers. when i get up in the morning, i turn on the tv and usually the receiver is on an OTA channel. but when i switch to CNN, i get the "acquiring satellite signal 015" message for about 5 minutes. it's very annoying. i've tried rebooting the boxes, checkswitch, etc. and nothing works. is there any way to stop this, or is it an idiosyncracy of these boxes? thank.

Setup a service call.....

You probably have a faulty connection somewhere AND/OR non high freq barrels.

i hate to ask this, but what is a non high freq barrel?

working of checking my connections because of similar problems and am wondering if i should be checking this as well??? :confused:

thanx

geek

I'm 99.9% sure it's not the barrel connector, unless something is corroded. So you should check to see if stuff is corroded/loose, etc.

What signal levels are you getting?

I had the same problem last month with my 622. A tech came out and diagnosed it as a bad receiver, it's worked great ever since I got it replaced.

Ya'll be surprised what a non-rated barrel will do - thus depending on the equipment your using.

Can work for 5 years or 5 days, depends on what number you draw.

hmmm...that could be it. the problem started around the time i installed my OTA antenna and diplexers, and i know i've got a least one barrel connector in the mix up in the attic. however, i don't think i have one on the line that runs to the downstairs TV. would having a bad connector on one LNB's line affect the other one? i'm using Phillips diplexers that i got from lowe's as well, so maybe they're contributing to the issue.

either way, i'll start by swapping out the barrel connectors w/ 3 gig rated ones and go from there. thanks!

I'd definitely suspect the diplexers over the barrel connectors. If the barrels worked fine at one time, they will work fine now, unless obviously they have been corroded/damaged/etc.

The diplexers, on the other hand, are more likely to be problematic. First thing I'd do is replace the diplexers with barrel connectors (leave out TV2 for the time being) and see if it helps any.

Yes most likely problem is one of diplexers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)