cost for a service call ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

glgeek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 16, 2007
greetings,

well, i am still having trouble with my 510 dropping the signal, so it may be time for a service call.

for those of you who have done this, what could i expect for a charge?

if it is high, i am thinking this might be the time for HD and start from scratch. am concerned about what SD programming looks like on an LCD though. on my CRT it looks great (when i get a signal :D).

dish says $179- $100 rebate for a 622. might call back and ask about the 722. worth it? also forgot to ask if this is a lease or if the $79 means i own it. 6 months free for HD.

sorry about so many thoughts in one post. this decision looks like it might cost me a fair amount of $.

thanx again for you help in the past.
geek

well, i am still having trouble with my 510 dropping the signal, so it may be time for a service call.

for those of you who have done this, what could i expect for a charge?
Sign up for Dish Home protection Plan then a service call is $29, otherwise it is $99. You can cancel anytime.

if it is high, i am thinking this might be the time for HD and start from scratch. am concerned about what SD programming looks like on an LCD though. on my CRT it looks great (when i get a signal :D).
SD may look poor on a LCD TV, but HD is MARVELOUS.

dish says $179- $100 rebate for a 622. might call back and ask about the 722. worth it? also forgot to ask if this is a lease or if the $79 means i own it. 6 months free for HD.
The 722 is $50 more than the 622 and it is a lease, you will never own it. Purchase price is around $479 for the 622.

On a good HDTV, SD should look good, and HD should look better. If it's not a decent TV, SD will probably look poor.

I've seen SD on everything from Fujitsu 70+" plasmas and Vidikron or Runco front projectors (to over 110") and it looks great. HD looks even better, but SD looks fine too.

Then again, buy a Vizio and you'll buy a second TV just to watch SD.

On a good HDTV, SD should look good, and HD should look better. If it's not a decent TV, SD will probably look poor.

I've seen SD on everything from Fujitsu 70+" plasmas and Vidikron or Runco front projectors (to over 110") and it looks great. HD looks even better, but SD looks fine too.

Then again, buy a Vizio and you'll buy a second TV just to watch SD.

I have a Vizio 32'', and My SD channels look just fine......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts