Acquiring satellite signal - Dish 300

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ebowen

Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
I have a Dish 300 w/single LNB and older 2800 receiver at a second home. The dish has been working fine for over 3 years, last weekend the receiver kept saying 'acquiring satellite signal'. (No a tree hasn't suddenly blocked the signal.) When I check the signal strength it reads 0. I'm not sure what has happened - nothing has changed that I know of. I'm wondering if lightning has damaged the dish somehow.

Could the receiver have gone bad even though it seems to function correctly other than the 'acquiring satellite signal' message or is the issue with the 'eye' in the dish itself? Any tips on troubleshooting this issue would be greatly appreciated!

If you have another receiver, hook that up at the second home. If you get the same stuff (0 signal), then check LNB or dish position. Maybe there was a big gust of wind and moved the dish (you never know). Maybe the cable is bad. If you can get to the dish, hook a different line directly from the dish/LNB to the receiver.

If you get a signal on the 2nd receiver, then the 2800 is toast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)