Acquiring Satellite Signal Error

redbull178

Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
TX
Hello All
Its been a pain trying to figure out this error. :confused:
I have 2 TVS attached to a DVR. Only 1 TV works at one time. When TV1 works, TV2 gives an "Acquiring Satellite Signal Error". This happens for 24hrs and then TV1 quits working and TV2 resumes normal operation.
-I have tried hardware resets (multiple times)
-I have checked all physical connections
Please help if anyone has any idea to fix this problem.
Thanks in advance.
J

TV1 and TV2 aren't physically tied to either of the tuners, I imagine especially on a DVR it can be pretty random which one is using which at any given time.

If you want to figure this one out, go to Point Dish (Menu -> Setup -> Installation(?) -> Point Dish), where you'll see signal levels, but here there's a choice to which tuner you're on, go over to that box and check the various tuners, yes this will interrupt TV2 for a moment.

One or the other is going to have a lack of signal, that would be the one that is getting nothing. Try reversing your satellite inputs on the back of the box and see if this changes over to the other tuner, or if the problem remains on the same tuner.

Do you have two ones from the dish to the reciever or just one and a seperator? If just one I would guess that you have a seperator or dyplexer going bad.

P.S. when checking signal strength like Ootlink said also check the strenght on odd and even number transponders.

We need to know what receiver model you have, how many receivers, go to menu 6, 1, 1, checkswitch and write down all the info listed. How many coax lines are connected to each receiver also and if there is a splitter looking device and what it says on top of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)