ACTION LAG?

MikeinBaja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
San Diego area (CA)
Noticed that the Micro-HD had a bit of a problem keeping up with the pace of the action on an NFL football feed tonight. Had a solid 90 sig & 77 Q (both steady) on a G25 ku HD feed & you could see slight “trails” behind the live action. Not one single pixie during the game, so Ithink the signal was good.

Great picture resolution, but the slight action “lag”was noticeable.

Anyone else see this?

Last edited:
Typically trails on action is a display refresh issue. It could also be related to the type deinterlace depending on the disply mode.

Do you have a screen capture or TS recording? What format and resolution of the broadcast? Symbol rate? FEC? Output resolution? Type of display?

Typically trails on action is a display refresh issue. It could also be related to the type deinterlace depending on the disply mode.

Do you have a screen capture or TS recording? What format and resolution of the broadcast? Symbol rate? FEC? Output resolution? Type of display?

Brian - This is my beach house set-up in Baja - so it could be my on end - although I don't think my set-up is all that bad. I'll PM you the details (in the morning) but no screen capture or TS.

Noticed that the Micro-HD had a bit of a problem keeping up with the pace of the action on an NFL football feed tonight. Had a solid 90 sig & 77 Q (both steady) on a G25 ku HD feed & you could see slight “trails” behind the live action. Not one single pixie during the game, so Ithink the signal was good.

was the video in H.264 format? H.264 format video decoding is problematic sometimes with the MicroHD (and the other two ALI-based receivers I own) on high signal quality feeds so it would not surprise me if H.264 was the video format for that feed.

btw, never had problems with any MPEG-2 video format feed of sufficient signal quality.

I also concur with satelliteav about resolution - there was a football feed this past week that was in 720p (and my resolution was set to 1080i to my HD set) so I got a little bit of mosquito-screening in the video and when I changed the resolution to my HD set to 720p to match the feed, the video became perfect.

Worked with Brian off-line on this - seeing NO issue at all this week on the same exact feed (no equipment, settings or any changes made). Must have been an issue on the uplink end last week.

Brian - thanks for supporting all of us!

Mike

Great! Don't see any issues on my end either.

The recording is clean as is the live feed. The SCPC feed is DVBS, QPSK, 720p - 60hz with nice fat Symbol Rate of 18853, but using FEC 5/6. Could contribute to signal issues.

Enjoy the game!

escapes tv & Az box

azbox and pointing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)