Activated a 921 today=No partial zoom?

RickB

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 11, 2004
San Francisco
I am returning my 811 HD receiver and activated a 921 today. The first problem is there is no partial zoom which makes SD very distorted. The 811 had it. So, I called Dish and they took my information for the engineers and said there is an intermittant problem they were aware of and working on it.

I have 10 more days to return the 921 to Radio Shack. Has anyone had this problem in the past? If so how long ago. I am disappointed that there are still bugs in the 921. I waited so long for it.

I was going to go with the Hughes unit and direct tv but I understand they now have 3 satellites to hook up to. I am in a motorhome so 2 is complicated enough.

Any advice is welcome. Thanks.

There is no partial zoom on the 921. If they told you it was a software "problem" they were wrong. Of course, they could program they software to do it, but they have not.

Thanks Jal

Thanks for your feedback. I have been lied to by DISH. The 811 was good except for the dark background. I am sending the 921 back where it came from. Without partial zoom SD programing is too distorted. I am going to Direct TV, with TIVO.
Also, the sound of the hard drive was distracting me from sleep and the comparable Hughes unit is quiet like my 501.

Thanks again. All the years I waited for the 921 sherman tank and still bugs OTA, etc.

Whew!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts