Activating 311 Receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cubsfan34

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 6, 2008
USA
I have a an old TV (not HD) that I was looking to activate a 311 receiver for. I have heard that I cannot activate a 311 receiver, because I have HD receivers already on the account.

Supposedly, only HD receivers can be used on an account with HD, is this true?

Is the 311 receiver and other SD receivers being discontinued? I figured this was coming someday, but I was surprised they would not activate this.

The 311 receiver can be activated on a DISH account. On an Eastern ARC 1000.4 dish it can't be used because that requires all MPEG4 receivers and they are all HD.
The 311 also has an imbeded SMART CARD this needs to be replaced with a new purple G3 card.

If you have an Eastern Arc (61.5/72/77) then that is correct. The 311 wont be able ot be activated on the account. I think a 211 is normally done

If you have Western Arc (110/119/129) then yes you can activate it.

Hi cubsfan34, please post a follow up on how this goes for you. I'm curious about this myself as I see plenty of 301 and 311 receivers on ebay. I would grab one if Dish would let me activate it at low cost. I would love to have a extra SD receiver for portable operations.

BTW - my HD is setup on 61.5, 110 and 119. What are you on?

Thanks, DC

If you spend an hour or two on the phone with them after they transfer you half a dozen times, you might be able to get in touch with the right person that can change your account to show that you have EA and WA. You would have to actually have WA dish setup though.

A 500/1000/1000.2 is WA and 1000.4 is EA.

EA = Eastern Arc 61.5 // 72.7 // 77

WA = Western Arc 110 // 119 // 129

Hi cubsfan34, please post a follow up on how this goes for you. I'm curious about this myself as I see plenty of 301 and 311 receivers on ebay. I would grab one if Dish would let me activate it at low cost. I would love to have a extra SD receiver for portable operations.

BTW - my HD is setup on 61.5, 110 and 119. What are you on?

Thanks, DC

you can activate one then. Got a family member set up that same way (from back when 129 sucked)

622 on main setup
301 (or 311 I forget) in bedroom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts