Activating a 625 or 322

Lean Guy

Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
I was contemplating buying either a 625 or a 322 from Dishstore.net, seeing that D* only offers them to new customers. I contacted Dish Network to see about activating the receivers if I bought them from the internet. (I am an existing customer)

This was D*'s reply:

Thank you for your email. At this time those receivers are only for new accounts, meaning you will not be able to activate the units on an existing account until we change our guidelines.

What gives?

Please advise.

DishStore.NET sells them all the time and has never had a problem with anyone getting them activated.

DishStore.NET can even be on the phone with you to get it activated. :)

Just another misinformed CSR at Dish Network.

To sort of piggy back on this question, I currently have a 311 that I would like to replace with a 322. Would I be able to get E* to put the 322 on my account and remove the 311, since they're basically different smart cards?

Right now, you can upgrade to a 522 for $100.00. Check equipment upgrades on the website. Ordered mine this past Tuesday and they installed a 625 (local installer had no more 522s) on Wed. If you can live with a 522 if you don't get lucky on a 625 (only diff is on demand capable), I would not BUY one.

OoTLink said:
$100? Do they still charge a $5 "lease fee" if you turn in a leased 322 in exchange?
I encounterd no lease fee. My bill remains the same since two receiver fees to one is offset by the DVR service fee.

I'd really like to pick up a new box, but with mpeg-4 so close I just can't do it. Isn't that $100 going to be a waste in like 4 months?

I really don't know but I would bet the mpeg 4 machines will be alot more, probably 200 +. Also, offer says Limited Time.

Purogamer said:
I'd really like to pick up a new box, but with mpeg-4 so close I just can't do it. Isn't that $100 going to be a waste in like 4 months?
Not for standard programming. The MPEG4 conversion will start with the HD channels. The first one might be available in 4 months but it will still be some time before the HD MPEG2 channels are switched off.

They promote everything as "for a limited time" anymore it seems even if they plan on offering the promotion for a while.

I just called Dish, and was told my only upgrade options from my current 301 is:
510 for 50 bucks plus 5 bucks for lease fee, and 4.98 for dvr fee.
522 for 198 bucks(includes installation) plus 5 bucks for lease fee, and 4.98 for dvr fee.

I am fairly dense, but most of my co-workers have the 522(recently signed up), and only pay the 4.98 fee. They say they get a 5 dollar discount for pluggin into a phone line. I thought that was to waive the 2nd receiver fee.
How did ya'll get a 522 for 100 dollar upgrade?? I'm contemplating just getting the 510.

magna_matt said:
I just called Dish, and was told my only upgrade options from my current 301 is:
510 for 50 bucks plus 5 bucks for lease fee, and 4.98 for dvr fee.
522 for 198 bucks(includes installation) plus 5 bucks for lease fee, and 4.98 for dvr fee.

I am fairly dense, but most of my co-workers have the 522(recently signed up), and only pay the 4.98 fee. They say they get a 5 dollar discount for pluggin into a phone line. I thought that was to waive the 2nd receiver fee.
How did ya'll get a 522 for 100 dollar upgrade?? I'm contemplating just getting the 510.
Well, whoever you spoke to is not up to date. That was last month.
Here is what I just linked to.

https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/equipment/loex.do

Set up a on-line customer account, then go to equipment upgrades.
It's there!!!!!

When I checked this morning it really didn't want to offer anything but a 501. You can see the 522 for $100 promo, but it won't let me access it...

I think they want you to call. They bill that to your bill or do they charge your credit card instantly?

Different customer "classes" get different upgrade deals.

The formula (if any) used to determine your "class" is unknown to anyone I've ever talked to.

SimpleSimon said:
Different customer "classes" get different upgrade deals.

The formula (if any) used to determine your "class" is unknown to anyone I've ever talked to.

Is the 522(/625) definitely available for $100 if it shows up in your account or is it still up to their computer to see if you qualify (at all or at a higher price)?

I would just call and say I want the deal, that it shows up in my account, so give it to me. The only caveat I know of is you can only do one upgrade per year.

Purogamer said:
When I checked this morning it really didn't want to offer anything but a 501. You can see the 522 for $100 promo, but it won't let me access it...

I think they want you to call. They bill that to your bill or do they charge your credit card instantly?
You have to call, and they charge your credit card then and there. It will then show up on your account as a credit, but you still have to pay your current bill.

I just upgraded a 301 to a 625 for $50 dollars. It has a $5 lease fee and a $5 dvr fee. I have to keep it connected to the phone or it is another $5

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)