Activating Dish in Canada

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish doesnt have a rhyme or reason on how many receivers you have for a audit call. I've heard of people with 2 recievers getting a call
easy fix screen calls that is what caller id is for.
No company I that I buy a service or product from with gets my cell phone number, they get my hone phone and I never answer my home phone so all calls go to an answering machine and then I decide if I should call you back.

Can anyone recommend a company that I can go thru to activate and register my Dish Network, even though I live in the Toronto area. It is/was activated with Dish and I was being charged via my credit card but went down yesterday. Looking to change providers, not impressed with the one I have, bad customer service. Thanks very much.
P.S.; wife and in-laws are Chinese and Dish has the best mainland package, wish BEV or any other Canadian provider offered a similar service.

easy fix screen calls that is what caller id is for.
No company I that I buy a service or product from with gets my cell phone number, they get my hone phone and I never answer my home phone so all calls go to an answering machine and then I decide if I should call you back.

Try this with Bell TV here in Canada and you will end up with just 1 receiver active. If you do not answer the call, after a specific number of attempts by Bell, they cut off service to all but 1 unit, until you call and give them the Location ID on each unit, all during the same phone call.

As Iceberg said, no logic as to who gets the calls, some get called twice a year, some never.

But how many Joeys can you have hooked up per Hopper receiver & How many Hoppers are you allowed to have hooked up?

I'm in Canada and have A Hopper & 2 Joeys?

Dishpro 500,

You are a brave man plugging in your receiver from Canada. I'd think they would flag any out of country numbers some how.

But then again they are more than happy to turn a blind eye and take your money just like ExpressVU and Starchoice do to their "southern" subscribers.

If I knew it was this easy I'd be tempted to buy a 622 and sub to DISH myself.

P.S. There is nothing in your signature or profile that tells us that you are a Canadian subscriber ;)

Kryspy

Well Bell does not make it easy for "southern" subs with their tight sat beams now. Surprised DISH does not have an extra fee for the "northern subs" if you get my drift. I would like to go back to Starchoice but get rid of the broker, too many restrictions with some of them. I know it can be done with careful planing.

With Bell its 6 receivers, (not TV's). So You could have 6 dual PVRs(the ones that feed two TVs)and actually have 12 TVs hooked up.

I'm not sure woth Dish with their Dual PVRS & Hopper & Joey's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts