Activating Dish in Canada

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Kryspy said:
Dishpro 500,

You are a brave man plugging in your receiver from Canada. I'd think they would flag any out of country numbers some how.

But then again they are more than happy to turn a blind eye and take your money just like ExpressVU and Starchoice do to their "southern" subscribers.

If I knew it was this easy I'd be tempted to buy a 622 and sub to DISH myself.

P.S. There is nothing in your signature or profile that tells us that you are a Canadian subscriber ;)

Kryspy

Well call it brave if you want but it has been 5 years next month. I'm a happy paying customer and enjoy the service Dish provides. I've called customer service a few times and have always been treated well. I guess I would say I'm hooked on Dish!

I believe you are correct with them turning a blind eye...as long as you pay on time then I think that suits them fine.

As for the easy part... well it can be if you set up your account properly.

Regarding my signature? Well after viewing this Web Site for a few weeks I recently decided to sign up and hang around for awhile. There is some good discussions and information to be had by all. I've been in Satellite for many years but like to discuss it and learn from others. When I have more time I will set up my signature with my location, system info etc. Yes I'm a Canuck!! Peace out :)

Last edited:
Dishpro500, thanks for the great feedback.

I think it should also be mentioned that Canadian credit cards are also accepted by Charlie. I have read some posts about Canadian CC's being rejected but apparently that is not true.

dssj0hn said:
Dishpro500, thanks for the great feedback.

I think it should also be mentioned that Canadian credit cards are also accepted by Charlie. I have read some posts about Canadian CC's being rejected but apparently that is not true.

I've heard that as well regarding Canadian CC's but I can't confirm this. I know mine works. I'm not sure if rejecting Canadian CC's would be a deterrent to Canucks wanting to subscribe, because I can go out tomorrow and apply for a U.S. CC at any Canadian financial instution.

Dishpro500 said:
I've heard that as well regarding Canadian CC's but I can't confirm this. I know mine works. I'm not sure if rejecting Canadian CC's would be a deterrent to Canucks wanting to subscribe, because I can go out tomorrow and apply for a U.S. CC at any Canadian financial instution.

My Canadian AmEx & Visa cards work with Charlie. I work in the US and have a US Corporate card as well.

It is VERY difficult these days to get a US Visa or AmEx unless you have a SS number. A major pain as I work for a multi-national and have a work visa, but not a SSN...and I don't need a SSN according to the US Govt.

You can get Canadian cards based in US dollars. They start with the first four digits indicating a Canadian card though!

visiter555 said:
My Canadian AmEx & Visa cards work with Charlie. I work in the US and have a US Corporate card as well.

It is VERY difficult these days to get a US Visa or AmEx unless you have a SS number. A major pain as I work for a multi-national and have a work visa, but not a SSN...and I don't need a SSN according to the US Govt.

You can get Canadian cards based in US dollars. They start with the first four digits indicating a Canadian card though!

Thanks for your input visiter555. After reading your post I got to thinking about what you said regarding the first four digits being an indicator it is a Canadian CC card.
I must agree with your statement and didn't think about the first four digits giving away your location. I do know my Canadian financial institution issues CC in U.S. funds but like you said the first four still have the identifier.

Dishpro500 said:
Thanks for your input visiter555. After reading your post I got to thinking about what you said regarding the first four digits being an indicator it is a Canadian CC card.
I must agree with your statement and didn't think about the first four digits giving away your location. I do know my Canadian financial institution issues CC in U.S. funds but like you said the first four still have the identifier.

And we both know E* just takes our money and smiles.

...nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more, say no more!!

Depends on how old the equipment is, and do they want complete HD capability and EA.

FlexTV Benefits:

• DISH TV deals for new customers regardless of credit
  • No Social Security Number Required
  • No Credit Card Necessary
  • It’s Your Equipment To Own
  • No Credit Check for DISH Network
  • No Long Term Contract!

A colleague of mine at our Canadian location tried to open a flex account. The CSR insisted on a SIN number... Needless to say the account was not opened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts