Activating Older Sirius Radios

VaJim

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
I recently purchased off Ebay a used SIRPNP2 Audiovox to replace the exact same model. The seller claimed it worked fine. When I put it in the car dock and hook it all up the same way as the other one, it came on and I could see all the channels and the current song or program. No audio. Not even on channel 184. I heard that channel 184 only works as a preview with NEW radios. I called Sirius and tried to activate it. They said they sent the signal and I should see 'Updating Streams'. Never saw that, then the Rep made the comment how old that radio is. Then they tried to sell me a NEW radio.

It's true that the may be radio is dead (I don't know for sure), but it sure seems strange.

Last edited:
I have one of the same models. In my experience, you don't get channel and current song or program information to show up on the screen unless the radio is activated. Sounds to me as though your radio is activated, but there's something wrong with the audio out. Have you checked the audio connections? Have you tried a new audio cable? If you've done that, you may have a bad audio output on the radio.

it may be dead...but it acted the same way when I put it in the Boombox....all programs, but no audio. Like i said...I never saw the message about Sirius updating the streams on the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts