Activation Issue 510

skiz77

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Hey, I just picked up the 510 today and hooked it up. I called the installer who came on Saturday to run me through the setup functions. After running check switch everything was good, up came the smart card #'s and there was a message that my receiver has to be activated.

The installer told me to call and have them send out a hit because this receiver missed the hit they sent to my house on Saturday when he did the install. I called and gave them the info. It's been 2.5 hours and receiver still hasn't received the signal. Dish told me it was running about 1-2 hours today.

I turned the receiver off and back on and it says Aquiring signal from Satelite, 0 of 5. Its been sitting like that for 10 minutes.

Any suggestions?

The installer re-used the existing cable and it was probably RG59. I believe that if the receiver is not getting a strong enough signal due to the inferior cable, it would never acquire the signal.

He did check the signal outside on Sat. I have two existing cable lines in that room. He checked the one I used to use first and said it was split so it was no good. He checked the other one and said the signal was good. I was actually out there watching him and he showed me this meter which lit up when connected to that cable. Unless he got them mixed up...

I dont know how to get back to that menu. Its just sitting there and shows Aquiring Signal and the following:

Satellite:
Transponder:
Progression: 0 of 5

Something to the effect of Menu > Setup > Installation > Point Dish > Check Switch > Test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)