Actual HD spotted on WFN

dmendenjr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
The keystone state
Was snickering as I flipped on WFN, when WTF... a 16X9 program! Haven't scrutinized the detail, but it is on at 9:30am this morning. Just an FYI...

...mind you it is really lame, but it is pretty clear.

... also it is a different program than what the guide is listing. The guide says "Pro Tarpon Tour" but it is actually "Welcome to Lukerville"

OK, third edit.... on the WFN webpage they now have two different schedules for SD and HD. See HERE.

yeah, and then the next show... back to postage stamp letterboxing. Some of the WFN image spot commercials were also 16x9 (still not willing to call it HD until I can scrutinize a little more).

yeah, and then the next show... back to postage stamp letterboxing. Some of the WFN image spot commercials were also 16x9 (still not willing to call it HD until I can scrutinize a little more).

Old news its been like this for awhile, although I have only seen 16X9 shows late at night, no different than the other channels that hardly show anything, there is way more comming this fall, can't wait:hungry:

My bad, I only ever heard the grief about this being a HD-free station; figured posting some good news might be a refreshing change of pace. :)

BTW, Fishin The Flats also 16x9. 2 of 3 shows in "HD".... since 9:30am EDT.

My bad, I only ever heard the grief about this being a HD-free station; figured posting some good news might be a refreshing change of pace. :)

BTW, Fishin The Flats also 16x9. 2 of 3 shows in "HD".... since 9:30am EDT.

Usually you'll get bashed for mentioning WFN,:rolleyes:

It still is HD free to most people, but it will eventually get there;)

Usually you'll get bashed for mentioning WFN,:rolleyes:

It still is HD free to most people, but it will eventually get there;)

Over 2 hours this AM, 75% 16x9.. anyways, I have to go to work. But still, while the PQ isn't the greatest; but it's better than the "Cam-corder" grade 4x3 I was told it would be...

HMC had a 16x9 movie on Wednesday night. Forget what it was, but it was on around 10pm.

Pandemic is in Widescreen on Hallmark Movie. It re-airs saturday night at 6pm EDT.

Last edited:
They obviously must have launched the HD in WFNHD finally. The logo says HD, even some promo commercials with the different hosts are pretty sweet-looking. My dad would be in heaven.

Anybody spotted HD yet on Hallmark?:confused:

Yeah, I've seen a few. I've been seeing HD there since day one.

The problem with HMC is that it's mostly TV movies. Even if they have access to the film masters, they were probably still shot for 4:3 matting.

The things I've seen in HD have been 2004 or newer. So they were probably originally shown on network TV in HD.

I just wish they would get their act together and get HD masters for their old Disney movies. Then I might actually watch once in a while. But I really don't think it's an option for the 80's TV movies.

I've seen a good bit on HMC. WFN and Toon are the odd balls.

Brokeback Mountain aired in 1.85:1 last night on Bravo HD.

Disney Channel! even aired Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in HD. I love how all these old HD DVD's are getting air time. At least there's no question that the master's out there.

TNT HD still had the audacity to air a pan and scan version of Men in Black then stretch it! :rolleyes:

Complaining about lack of HD on a HD channel is what gets you TNT, A&E, History, TBS and Cartoon Network style stretch-o-vision. A&E and History used to pillarbox stuff until they realized they could fool the uninformed masses into thinking that upconverted stretch-o-vision is HD!

Back on topic....

"Bass Champs", eh?

When they get fishing boat babes in HD please let us know... Until then I will probably not watch the channel along with about 100 other channels on Dish that I do not watch. All this dumping on a special interest channel is interesting. One would think WFN kicked VOOM off the air or something... At least they do not stretch the 4:3 content. They have updated the logo to HD. Now watching an actual promotion for a show, the promo is in HD, the show is 4:3. They actually seem to have started to have some HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)