Ad serving malware prompt to android devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
Hi just received this prompt on my android device when surfing the main satelliteguys.us homepage. i assume its for a fake anti-virus program/infection.

the dialog said it was coming from
nyml.ib.adnxs.com

140315_001.jpg

You might actually have a virus or something on it as we do not run those ads down the bottom like that.

I have never seen that before.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

okay thanks for the quick reply. I installed malware bytes and mcafee and they came up clean so I don't know. I'm fairly knew to android devices (besides googletv) and while i knew that there were trojans/hijackers i would say almost all of my surfing is done to trusted sites, and all my applications are mainly corporate streaming video applications (hulu, netflix, hbo go, and wwe network) So i am not sure how i picked it up or what it is because malware bytes and mcafee both come up clean.

Nothing of the sort on my android.

It may not be malware. could be a push ad from some app you have. This app will tell you any push ads on your device.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.denper.addonsdetector

After downloading, open app, pick scan on the center circle. After scan is done pick addons in one of the circles you see.
If no push notifications, choose Advertising from the list. There will be many, but you are looking for one that is not from an established business. Maybe you will recognize one that was recently added.

Other alternative, if it is possibly malware, use Lookout instead of Mcafee. Let it scan your device.

Just checked on Android STB with no adblocking or protection installed. If it were being pushed or backdoored from an ad at Satguys it would have for sure popped up.

@Tampa Thank you for the app suggestions. I tried them and Lookout found no threats and the only advertising addons in my apps are Adsense, Admob and Millenial. No push notifications.

Either it's bad nothing was found - or - good news... lol Hopefully you won't see problems again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts