Adam Sandler- Bedtime Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Fisher

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
What's everyone think of the the trailer for Adam Sandler's new movie, Bedtime Stories? I'll probably see it over the holidays with the family. I've been a fan of Sandler's for a while now, so I'm excited that he's chosen to a film that has something for the whole family, that we can all check out.

I like Sandler, and think that whatever he's getting paid for a film, he deserves. He clearly has a devoted audience, his movies always seem to do well at the box office. I look forward to seeing him in the role of the fun uncle to the little kids, I think it's going to be a fun family movie over the holiday season.

Over paid? As an actor sure. But he is the producer of many of these hits, hence the big paycheck.

So He's really making his own acting opportunities, so you have to at least respect that. He making this work with his own effort.

I'll take Adam Sandler over Jim Carrey or Will Ferrell any day of the week. Sandler's been in several movies that I've genuinely enjoyed, such as The Wedding Singer and Big Daddy and Click.

Last edited:
Over paid? As an actor sure. But he is the producer of many of these hits, hence the big paycheck.

So He's really making his own acting opportunities, so you have to at least respect that. He making this work with his own effort.

Nice point! He's finding the scripts, and re-writing, and helps cast them, so he really does put in a lot of work.

In other news, I was reading Variety the other day and they happend to give Bedtime Stories a nice review, basically saying that Sandler has made a film that kids will enjoy, and that his normal core audience will also find some comedy in it.

Heres the full review.

Well, if you think about Tom Hanks, he is considered a solid seasoned award winning actor. Pretty much the top of the heap in Hollywood working today.

Now think about those first few movies of his. I remember always joking that no matter what movie Tom Hanks was in, he was always the same wise cracking character. Bachelor Party, Man with one Red shoe, Splash, Big, ... he was pretty much the same guy in each movie.

Will Sandler make the same evolution in his career?

Status
Not open for further replies.