Add/delete packs from your Flex Pack online?

Update 7/21. I got with Zach on this site and did a pm to him and explained and he found that I still had an old 501 receiver on my account. I haven't had a 501 since the early 2000s. He removed it and now I can add and delete all the add on packs I couldn't see before. Thanks Zach.:wave2

You didn't sell that old 501? I sold mine! That was a great receiver before Dish removed the supposed Tivo software.

Reactions: pattykay
You didn't sell that old 501? I sold mine! That was a great receiver before Dish removed the supposed Tivo software.
I traded mine in to Dish Depot for credit for another new receiver like I've been doing for years now. But I seem to remember back then in 02 that if you committed to DISH for a year you got to own the 501 or 510 dvr after your commitment was up. It was one of the last receivers I got directly through DISH. One of them I owned and that was the one that was still on my account ,even though I didn't have it anymore.

that channel is in the latino bonus pack for 10 bucks. buzzr but some other good channels too. unless its a free preview. i added latino bonus pack and it shows that channel.

oh and free playboy ..

JUST.png
Justice (JUST) 252
LAFF.png
BlueHighways TV (LAFF)

I had the Latino Bonus Pack and I didn't get Playboy. Either in English or Spanish.

I had the Latino Bonus Pack and I didn't get Playboy. Either in English or Spanish.
To get the Playboy spanish version free with Latino, you have to go where the adult channels are offered. There will be an option for spanish Playboy to checkmark that will say charge 0.00. If you don't have the pack that box will be grayed out so you can't select it.

To get the Playboy spanish version free with Latino, you have to go where the adult channels are offered. There will be an option for spanish Playboy to checkmark that will say charge 0.00. If you don't have the pack that box will be grayed out so you can't select it.

Ah, makes sense. Wish it included the English counterpart.

By the way, they DID try to charge me a $5 fee when I went to remove Latino from my Flex pack, FYI. Isn't the point of Flex to be able to add and delete packs at will for no cost?
I had the same problem. I was told it was a bug in their system, FWIW.

A bug with both the Latino Bonus Pack and the SiriusXM Pack, according to others who posted about the problem. Neither of those packs was among the original group of Channel Packs when Flex Pack first launched, so they seem to have been set up differently.
And the funny thing is, the Latino Pack pre-dated the Flex Pack, while the Sirius Pack was created long after the Flex Pack was. You would think one of those would work properly with Flex considering the difference in their launches.

And the funny thing is, the Latino Pack pre-dated the Flex Pack, while the Sirius Pack was created long after the Flex Pack was. You would think one of those would work properly with Flex considering the difference in their launches.

Or, that Dish would have fixed the glitch by now, considering the number of complaints

The Latino Pack also used to be $9.99 per month. It went up by a penny when Dish started advertising for it as a Channel Pack. :eeek

considering the number of complaints
I suspect that the typical Dish customer doesn't a) have the Flex Pack and b) for those that do, change packages that often.

We've had Flex Pack for 1-1/2 years and I removed, then added back, the Locals Pack once. I have added the Sports Pack 2-4 times and then removed it within ~24 hours. Other than those packs, we've never made any changes....

I suspect that the typical Dish customer doesn't a) have the Flex Pack and b) for those that do, change packages that often.

We've had Flex Pack for 1-1/2 years and I removed, then added back, the Locals Pack once. I have added the Sports Pack 2-4 times and then removed it within ~24 hours. Other than those packs, we've never made any changes....

Who knows. Without statistics, we're just spitballin'.

Not to get too far off topic, but don't some of the Dish Latino packages include both the Spanish and English versions of channels like ESPN, TNT etc? I understand that the Latino Bonus Pack we're talking about in this thread only includes channels in Spanish. Just curious.

Not to get too far off topic, but don't some of the Dish Latino packages include both the Spanish and English versions of channels like ESPN, TNT etc? I understand that the Latino Bonus Pack we're talking about in this thread only includes channels in Spanish. Just curious.
Here is a link where you can compare what is in the basic packages: Compare DISH Programming Packages | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support

Just select the Latino packages in the drop-down lists, to see what is in them.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
There's a member here, Mojo Jojo that is somewhat of an expert on the Latino pack channels. I've had some discussions with him and while I'm not 100% positive on this, you either get duplicates of all of the channels in English and Spanish or if they are Spanish "only", you can actually change the audio/language output (SAP setting) to English.

Yes. You will notice a few English channels in the Dish Latino Plus package (with the exception of PI channels and Disney XD, some Dish CD channels [950-981], and Sirius XM channels in Dish Latino Clasico). More English channels are in Dish Latino Dos and Max. Also, there is a way to change the audio of channels in the English package to Spanish audio (SAP). For a handy Dish Latino channel lineup card: https://www.mydish.com/filestream.ashx?ID=17628&inline=true

The Latino Bonus Pack includes Disney XD as well as the Sirius XM channels and as well as some of the Dish CD channels (950-981 I believe). FMI dish.com/latino

Reactions: comfortably_numb