Add new memory upgrade module to my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

sksatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
I have the HP pavillion 7915 system, with 1.1 Ghz processor, 128MB SDRAM memory. Sysytem is running slow and I need to add another 128 MB. Went to Fry Electronic and purchase this KVR133X64C2/128 memory module, when I put it to the spare slot, turn on the PC, the PC either just power up or just stale there after power up.

Do you think this module is not compatible or the module simple not work. Because the system and this module is purchase from the same store and I don't think they will give me the wrong stuff.

Any idea ?
Thanks
:rolleyes:

Take the new module and put it in place of the present module then see if it boots up, this will tell you if it is any good.
If it is good look at your machines manual to make sure you don't need to set a dip switch or configure something.
It is possible the 2 modules are not compatible.
Look at the old module and make sure it is the same type as the new.

Is that a 64-bit module?
The dealer may of done you wrong and may of damaged module.

Never trust Fry's Electronics for anything!! I worked there a few years back and the employees and managers there don't know crap.

Also, I agree with the above post. Name Brand systems are fussy unless you either order straight from them, or you order good memory. As cheap as memory goes, I would suggest getting a 256 MB module or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts