Added 61.5 to Dish 1000, how do I know?

ptech

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Palm Coast Florida
I added 61.5 to my dish 1000 and did not get duplicate channels like some other people have said. So how do I know if my receivers are pulling the stronger signals for my HD channels off 61.5?

I would also like to change my service address to New York, will the beam for New York reach upstate South Carolina? 29625

For hd networks for hd YES as they are on conus. For sd locals from New York they are on a spotbeam . You would have to see by moving whether they come in or not. I am in Beaumont ,Texas which is 90 miles from Houston , Tx. I get hd locals and sd locals from Houston( I "moved" to get them) and I can get them with a 90 strength signal. If you are not more than a 100 miles are so you might be within the spotbeam.

I live in west/central South Carolina 29803. I'm interested in what you're doing since it seems that's exactly what I want to do. When you added 61.5 to your dish 1000 did you do this yourself or did you have some installer do this for you? If you changed your service address are you getting the New York networks in HD? If I can do this, I'll have to put up an antenna for the locals my wife won't live without.

I live in west/central South Carolina 29803. I'm interested in what you're doing since it seems that's exactly what I want to do. When you added 61.5 to your dish 1000 did you do this yourself or did you have some installer do this for you? If you changed your service address are you getting the New York networks in HD? If I can do this, I'll have to put up an antenna for the locals my wife won't live without.

Yes I added the second dish myself, after the pole was in I had 61.5 locked in less than five minutes. The good news for you is you don't need to add 61.5 because you are so close to your OTA towers. Wish I had your problem. Go to Best Buy and get an indoor or outdoor UHF antenna and your wife will love you forever. Nothings better than OTA for HD Locals.

Look here and choose Augusta as your market.
http://www.hdtvmagazine.com/programming/broadcast.php

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)