Added a 722 and now it won't work.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

spots529

Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
Until today I've been running the following: a dish 1000.2 with 3 receivers (a vip622, a 625 and a vip211). This set up has been working fine. I decided to add a vip722 to the mix. So I went and got a vip722 and DPP44 switch. I hooked the 3 satellite leads to the satellite inputs on the DPP44 and then connected my 4 output wires to the bottom of the switch. On output port 1 I put my vip211 and put the power converter in line with it. The vip622, 625 and vip211 all still work fine, but the vip722 fails to pick up one of the two satellite connections (it sees 2 of the 3 satellites on that connection) and I've tried it on a couple different ports and I've even moved around the seperators to make sure the one with the 722 isn't bad, but no luck. And here's the real kicker, I've got a second 625 and when I hook it to the same outlet the vip722 is on it works fine. Does anyone have any ideas on this one? Thanks

sounds like you got a DOA ViP722. The 625 (assuming using the same separator for both) proves the connection is good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)