Adding 2nd HDTV; want DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Steve2Q

Original poster
Nov 26, 2005
Hello all: This is my first post to the forum, and need some advice.
My present setup is a 811/HD and a 522 with 2 standard TV's. We are buying a 2nd HD TV in a few weeks and would like to have DVR on both HDs. It appears from reading various posts that we MAY be able to lease a 942 which would appear to take care of 1 HD and 1 standard TV (if I am reading the specs properly). Any chance of getting 2 942s and returning the 811 and 522?

Now, If we can't get two 942's under any circumstances, does the addition of a single 942 require an installer for new switches, LNBs, etc.?

Or, should I just chuck my sat service (which I really don't want to do) and go back to IODigital (Cablevision)? They DO offer more HD channels and when I add on the montly lease costs for 4 seperate receivers it comes out very close to my current sat bill.

Thanks for all/any help

Steve

you wont be able to "trade in" your current receivers for a pair of 942s..

Your only option would be to buy the 942s out of your own pocket..

You might be able to get one from dish, but definately not two.

when I called to ask about upgrading from a 510 to a 522 the CSR said that you could not trade in but you can lease it then after you get it in the mail cancel the other receivers and send them back (as long as you are leasing them)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)