Adding 2nd receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jaray

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2010
Northern Ontario, Canada
I'm using a c/Ku 741 lnbf (single output) for a single receiver in my house. I now want to use a 2nd receiver I have hanging around for just audio in another room. Is there a particular switch I can use to cut into my main rg6 run in my house to add my 2nd receiver?
I realize I would usually need a dual lnb but I will never be using my main receiver at the same time as my 2nd receiver.
Basically I want to use my Manhattan in my audio closet for the DMX audio channels into my whole house audio system but only have a single output lnbf wired to my existing MicroHD.
Is there some way to do this? ( no pass-thru on the MHD)

Thanks

Simplicity.... I use the composite AUDIO output and ran audio cables to an amplifier and speaker wire through the property.

The one receiver therefore supplies all the audio. IF you never run both at the same time, not a problem. Then if I go from room to room - or outside - or to another building I still have audio.

Would this work for you?

ke4est or anyone else, I thought however there was no magic splitter switch to split satellite signal? Won't I still have the odd/even transponder issue with this switch or is this the answer?
Otherwise, yup....simple A/B switch it is...

rv1pop, that would work and I've considered that but I would prefer that my main media room receiver/amplifier can be used for other purposes at the same time (but not the FTA)
I'd prefer a standalone system in my audio closet if I can..but it's definitely worth reconsidering...thanks!

ke4est or anyone else, I thought however there was no magic splitter switch to split satellite signal? Won't I still have the odd/even transponder issue with this switch or is this the answer?
Otherwise, yup....simple A/B switch it is...

You said that you would never be using both receivers at the same time so that splitter would work for your situation, or a A/B would work too.

rv1pop, that would work and I've considered that but I would prefer that my main media room receiver/amplifier can be used for other purposes at the same time (but not the FTA)
I'd prefer a standalone system in my audio closet if I can..but it's definitely worth reconsidering...thanks!
My audio distribution system has 6 stereo inputs; and outputs to 3 amps, and 12 (5 pole) speaker switches to the various locations (only 5 in use). The telephone ringer and Master page go to any or all speakers...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)