Adding 4th receiver without technician visit?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Andrewwski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Hi all, as I mentioned in a previous thread (thanks for the help in that one!) I'm looking to replace a 722 with a 612 and 211 as I've upgraded the secondary TV to HD. This would make the new 211 the 4th receiver on the account.

When I've spoken with Dish, they've indicated they can only do this with a technician visit. But I already have a DPP44 switch (with an unused output) and a line run to the new TV, so it's not actually something I'd need them out to do.

My question: if I have dish just swap the 722 for a 612, if I then buy a 211 from the internet, will I have any problems activating it on my account? I'd like to avoid a tech visit if possible - last time I took the afternoon off and he didn't even show up.

My question: if I have dish just swap the 722 for a 612, if I then buy a 211 from the internet, will I have any problems activating it on my account?
What programming package do you have? If you have Flex Pack, you will have to make sure the 211 has the new white G4 Smart Card. Otherwise, you should be fine.

211z comes with G4 smart card.
My 211K also came with G4 card.
But the 211K could have either card.
Usually the refurbished 211k will have the G4 card.
The brand new never activated ones will more than likely have G3.

Reactions: pattykay
Ordered a 211z. Although the rest of my smart cards are purple, so it sounds like it doesn't matter.
It doesn't really matter, If Dish wants you to have the G4 cards they will send them to you.
As someone already mentioned ,if you want the Flex pack, then you need them across all your equipment.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)