Adding 5th receiver

RussJ

Original poster
May 11, 2006
Sugar Grove, IL
Newbie here.

I am looking to add a 5th receiver. I have vip211, 811, and 2 311s and plan to add another 311. My Dp34 is full, so I know I need to cascade another multiswitch and from what I can see, I can buy retail a 311 for $99.

My package is thru ATT/SBC. Does anyone know what the charges might be? I suspect an activation charge of some sort, but since I am not leasing the equipment, I don't know if there would be any other charges.

Thanks.

Is everyone limited to 4 tuners per account? I thought I read that somewhere on the Dish website (although it may be antiquated).

osu1991 said:
Just sbc now att customers that have dish bundled with their telephone and internet service are limited to 4 tuners.
So there is no tuner limit for new customers that sign up through Dish Network ???
If that is true can you lease two 622's ???

Laters,
Mikef5

Mikef5 said:
So there is no tuner limit for new customers that sign up through Dish Network ???
If that is true can you lease two 622's ???

Laters,
Mikef5

No you can not lease two 622 receivers. You can lease one and purchase the other but not lease both.

nsafreak said:
No you can not lease two 622 receivers. You can lease one and purchase the other but not lease both.
So the reason for that is what ?? They don't have enough 622's to allow this or is there some other reason for not allowing this ??
Just seems strange that they wouldn't give a customer what they want or need, but then again I'm new to the Dish world and maybe I'm missing something :)

Laters,
Mikef5

Last edited:
According to SBC/ATT (they clearly have an identity crisis going on) you can olny LEASE 4 receivers, but you can have more if you BUY them (Which I did).

I think I made a mistake tho. My DP34 was full, so I cascaded a Zenith ZDS5007 (available at Menards, Lowes, and I am sure elsewhere). Now when it is connected, my other receivers lose Sat 119 or 110. Disconnecting the second switch solves the problem.

So, I am shoping Ebay for another DP34.

Thanks all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)