Adding 61.5 to a Dish1000??

vader2k

Original poster
Feb 7, 2007
I have one of the Dish 1000's setup at my house but now need to add another dish to pickup the 61.5 bird. I don't have the second dish yet so what would be the right one to purchase, a D500 or something else? How would I tie the new dish into my current Dish1000 system. I currently only have two receivers in the house, a 622 and one of the older SD dvr receivers. Would I need a DP44 to combine the signals from both dishes? This would be a little easier if I had one of the new 1000.2 lnb systems. Will the new lnb for the 1000.2 dish work on the older 1000 dish? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Which lnb will I need to use on the D500 so that it's compatible with my current system?

Will that work with the dual tuner on the 622, or should I go with a DPPTwin?

This only applies to a dish 1000 sat dish and not a dish 1000.2 as the parts are not interchangeble. The dishes and the lnbs can not be used on each other .

You can use a dishpro plus twin and plug the side sat dish directly into the twin lnb port and you can use it for up to two runs to two different dual tuner receivers or one single and one dual . You can use a dish pro seperator to split the single coax into the house into two coaxes for one dual tuner receiver like the 522/625/622 dvrs. You don't need a dish pro plus 44 switch unless you are trying to run more than two receivers into your house.

The following is for the dish pro 1000.2 sat dish.

The dish pro plus triple lnb can be used for the 110/119/129 satellites. You can also run a side sat dish for 61.5 or 148 and plug the coax into the port on the triple lnb and get another sat added to your switch configuration. You can then do three runs to you house and split them at the coax inside your house using a dish pro plus seperator into two coaxes for a dual receiver like the 522/625/622 dvrs. So you could get up to 3 dual tuner receivers in your house using this configuration or a single receiver and two more dual tuner receivers and they would all get up to 4 satellites . Any more receivers than that and you would need the dishpro plus 44 switch.

Last edited:
Extra info for last paragraph of MikeD-C05's excellent post.
You can also run a side sat dish for 61.5 or 148 and plug the coax into the port on the triple lnb and get another sat added to your switch configuration.
And the LNBF on this side dish should be either a DP Dual LNBF or a DP Single LNBF.

I don't know if the DPP Twin would work on the Dish 1000.2 Triple LNBF or not, but if it did, it would be a waste of money.

Although a DishPro Plus Twin would work on a DPP44, it would also be a waste of money.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts