Adding a 3rd receiver questions

MadOtis

Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Hello, first time poster here, so please bear with me...

I have a "professionally" installed Dish system:
Dish: 1000+
Rcvr 1: Vip722
Rcvr 2: 311

I am picked up a new ViP222 that I'd like to add to the system so I can add the two TVs in the basement area. I understand that I needed to pick up a DP44 switch (which is on order and should be here tomorrow) in order to add up to 2 more receivers (total of 8 tuners) to the system. I have not received the receiver or switch yet, so, I'm basing my questions below with no "installation instructions in hand" (please don't be too brutal on me).

My questions are:
1) The cable from the dish currently goes to some sort of splitter. I assume I remove this splitter and replace it with the DP44 switch since the two cables coming out of the splitter go to the two existing receivers?
2) I run the new 3rd receiver from one of the output ports on this switch to the receiver location in the basement.
3) I purchased an RV a few years ago that has a Dish 500+ dish already installed and wired. Will I be able to take one of the home receivers and use it on the dish in the camper without purchasing any additional hardware, or do I need to get some sort of converter that will convert the 500+ LNB to a 1000+ LNB like I have at the house?

Thanks in advance!
Randy

Hello, first time poster here, so please bear with me...

I have a "professionally" installed Dish system:
Dish: 1000+
Rcvr 1: Vip722
Rcvr 2: 311

I am picked up a new ViP222 that I'd like to add to the system so I can add the two TVs in the basement area. I understand that I needed to pick up a DP44 switch (which is on order and should be here tomorrow) in order to add up to 2 more receivers (total of 8 tuners) to the system. I have not received the receiver or switch yet, so, I'm basing my questions below with no "installation instructions in hand" (please don't be too brutal on me).

My questions are:
1) The cable from the dish currently goes to some sort of splitter. I assume I remove this splitter and replace it with the DP44 switch since the two cables coming out of the splitter go to the two existing receivers?
2) I run the new 3rd receiver from one of the output ports on this switch to the receiver location in the basement.
3) I purchased an RV a few years ago that has a Dish 500+ dish already installed and wired. Will I be able to take one of the home receivers and use it on the dish in the camper without purchasing any additional hardware, or do I need to get some sort of converter that will convert the 500+ LNB to a 1000+ LNB like I have at the house?

Thanks in advance!
Randy

Are you sure you have a 1000+ ?

If you do, you already have a DPP44 switch, judging by what you wrote entirely I am inclined you have a 1000 or a 1000.2 dish, not a 1000+ - big difference with the + dish.

I think that splitter your talking about is a diplexer.

Check this for different diagrams.

DISH Pro 500 & DISH Pro 500 Plus Information Documents | Solid Signal

Are you sure you have a 1000+ ?

If you do, you already have a DPP44 switch, judging by what you wrote entirely I am inclined you have a 1000 or a 1000.2 dish, not a 1000+ - big difference with the + dish.

I think that splitter your talking about is a diplexer.

Check this for different diagrams.

Thanks for the links, I'll start studying...

I posted from work, so I wasn't in front of the unit until now. It's not a 1000+, "system info" says it's a 1K.2.

That's a 1000.2, and the identified internal switch has 3 outputs. Just connect the 222 to the open one, and use the Separator for the 2 tuners just as the 722 is likely connected.

The RV probably has a Dish 500. The 500+ is the same dish as the 1000+, but without the 129 add-on LNB. You'll need to do a Check Switch every time you move a receiver between the different dish configurations. Also, if that will be one of the dual-tuners, you need a DishPro Plus Twin on the 500, or be able to run another line.

See EKB: Dish Types

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)