Adding a fifth tuner to a DISH 500?

mecro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Ok guys, here's another question. I am a current DISH subscriber. I have a DISH 811, 625 (dual tuner), and a 311. I'm maxed out as far as my DISH 500 lets me, but I want to get rid of the 311 and add another 625. I know I'd have to pay another DVR fee, but what about getting it installed? Obviously, I only have one line running to the 311 room, and I'd need two lines for the 625. What kinds of switches and things am I looking at here, and what would it cost me if I called DISH up and asked them to do it. Just trying to get an idea! Thanks guys, Satelliteguys.us rules!

a) Two DP34 switches ($65 each at Dishstore.net)
or
b) One DPP44 switch ($180 each) and two separators ($10 each)

Attachments

• dp34_04.jpg
    dp34_04.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 170
  • DPPT_DPD.jpg
    DPPT_DPD.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 183
Actually, the OP only needs (1) DP34 switch. Regardless if he has a DP Quad or DP34. Granted it would be cleaner and easier if he DID have a DP Twin/DP34 combo already existing.

All that is needed is to hook up ports 1 and 4, or 2 and 3 on the DP Quad, to a DP34 switch, and from said switch, you can have four tuners. The remaining ports on the Quad can run 2 more tuners.

Are you still under your DHA agreement? Are any of our recievers owed or lease? e* only allows 4 leased tuners or recievers. The extra 625 may cost you $100 or more. Your total cost may be under $140 or more. You need to call the CSC for beter info. Good luck!

I've been a subscriber for E* for just less than a year. I forgot about the four tuner rule. Will I have to buy the 625 outright? Where would I find one? (not ebay)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts