Adding a hard drive to 612

teneightyp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Duluth, MN
I would like to add a Seagate FreeAgent hard drive to my VIP 612. Could anyone give me some quick instructions on what the best and easiest way to do this is? Do I just plug it in or do I have to load software onto It? Thanks!!!

Plug it in and a message will pop up telling you what to do. It will reformat it and the a phone# will pop up for you to call to get the feature activated(costs 40 bucks I think). Also, make sure your EHD has it's own power supply.

No. It's a one time fee per account, not per drive or per receiver. The only way you would get charged another $40 fee is if you dropped Dish Network and at a later time rejoined, creating a new account.

Thanks everybody for the info. I'm gonna have to donate money to this site soon. I have gotten a lot of info here over the years.

I have an external hard drive on my VIP 612 and it has worked wonderfully. It has served as a back up for movies, etc. from the receiver's hard drive. I am wondering if I can take this hard drive and connect it to my computer to watch a movie on my computer or copy it to a DVD?

I have an external hard drive on my VIP 612 and it has worked wonderfully. It has served as a back up for movies, etc. from the receiver's hard drive. I am wondering if I can take this hard drive and connect it to my computer to watch a movie on my computer or copy it to a DVD?

No.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)