Adding a hopper 3 to current set up with VP211.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mike Hamende

Original poster
Nov 21, 2016
New Mexico
I currently have a dish account with a VP 211 hooked to one TV. I have purchased a hopper 3. I would like to add the hopper 3 to get a second TV.

Dish droids are telling me I cannot have the hopper and the VP on one account. Is that true?

They also tell me the hopper must have a smart card to work. I did not get one. Is this true?

Should I want to set this up, what do I need to do so that all dish has to do is activate the hopper?

I currently have a dish account with a VP 211 hooked to one TV. I have purchased a hopper 3. I would like to add the hopper 3 to get a second TV.

Dish droids are telling me I cannot have the hopper and the VP on one account. Is that true?
You can have up to two owned 211 on a Hopper account.
you will need a separate dish though as the 211 cannot use the same dish as the Hopper 3

They also tell me the hopper must have a smart card to work. I did not get one. Is this true?
TRUE but the Hopper 3 has a G4 smartcard built in so you already have one.

Should I want to set this up, what do I need to do so that all dish has to do is activate the hopper?
You need a 1000.2 dish with a hybrid LNB and a solo hub

Is the 211 Leased?
If it is, Then the Dish CSR is correct.

You would have to Buy a 211 outright and return the leased one.
If this is the case.

Reactions: dishrich

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts