Adding a Joey, best route

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Winty03

Original poster
Jul 10, 2019
MN
New to Dish and so far really liking it! I have a Hopper 3 and three joeys 3. I would like to add a single Joey 3 to my setup due to guests not being able to navigate Fire TV Dish Anywhere app. I called DISH and wanted to renew contract which I was fine with....but then have 100 install fee or get this insurance to be waived, which is not needed. I have open splits on my connection off the dish setup. I understand I would be paying 5-7 a month fee to have this connected, but what the best option to get equipment? I am 15 months into my 24 month contract.

:welcome to Satelliteguys.

IMHO your best option is to contact your local DISH retailer if you have a good one and see what they say.

Reactions: charlesrshell
You could buy the additional Joey outright which would give you the flexibility of only activating it when the guest room is being used, and not having to return it each time it is deactivated. That would also allow you to do the connection yourself and not have to pay for a tech visit or protection plan.

I did just call local installer. He said 125$ outright, does that sound right? Then the 7 a month to use.

You could get one from SolidSignal for $98 or so. Not sure how much shipping would be.

I seen that, but review wise and someone said it doesn't come with activation card??!?! Was unsure or it was worth the risk?!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)