Adding a New Receiver

jrv331

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 10, 2004
NE Ohio
Im adding a 211 to my 1000.4 system and have two questions. Do I call Dish and activate the receiver before running the check switch or is it the other way around?

Im also going to activate the dvr function, should I do that as a seperate process or just have the csr activate it at the time the receiver is activated?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but there is so much info here its easy to get lost trying to sift through it all.
Thanks and Happy Holidays
John

when i setup my own receiver, i plugged it in, got it displaying to the TV and then activated it. You can add the Hard drive fee in that same call.

The only only question i would have is, Is it a brand new 211 with the new smart card built in, or did it come with a smart card, or will it need a smart card?

It hasn't arrived yet and its basically new, but seeing that its a vip 211 I thought the smart card was built in to it. Thought it was that way for all the vip units.
Thanks
John

...seeing that its a vip 211 I thought the smart card was built in to it. Thought it was that way for all the vip units.
It is. But older VIP units need the new purple G3 card, since their built-in is the older model.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts